i'm trying to figure out what technique is being used in the gnr song 'welcome to the jungle.' when axl is singing "learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play," just after that line, slash's guitar makes this sound-not unlike a simple bend, but i know it's not. can someone tell me what that is and how to do it?

btw, it's not slash using the search button. i already tried that!
It is just a bend, but it's not the normal 'pick the string and bend up right away' kind, you need to give it a split second and bend up a tad slower than normal. It's also followed by a slight release too (though not all the way).

Most people though just play it as a normal bend and it sounds fine.
interesting. i can't duplicate the sound, though. maybe something specific to his setup? what note is it?
Quote by vampiric
interesting. i can't duplicate the sound, though. maybe something specific to his setup? what note is it?

if i can remember right it was the 4th fret on the g string..

its been a really long time i played that song...
I know not what they're talking about, but if it is jsut a slow bend, try and play the note and bend very slowly, achieving the maximum pich Slash hits when he does it. There's really no simpler way to explain it, you just bend slow.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell