Page 1 of 2
Neither, but if you are set on one or the other you'll have to take into acount the fact that the 225 comes with active EMG's, not Duncans, and has a 25.5 scale neck, as opposed to the other which is 24.75.
Funny words.
the obvious question is what bands are you into?
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Unless you just REALLY want one and need to be all Dimebagish...I've heard that they really are not worth it.

LFR, set neck, craftmanship isn't on par with price.

Better options out there for sure.

That said, the explosion graphic is pretty pimp.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by tdrules
the obvious question is what bands are you into?

thanks for replyin...hmmm..im more into trivium, bodom, arch enemy, log, n that kinda stuff...
my budget's around 1000-1200 $$...so what do you suggest is the best buy??
i dont use the trem that much...so i dont really want an original floyd..
Quote by ajita
i dont use the trem that much...so i dont really want an original floyd..

If you're gonna get a guitar with a floating trem, don't skimp out on it, a bad trem will near enough make the whole guitar feel crappy.

If you don't think you'll use it that much don't get one. Try looking at RR24's or an EC-1000.
Funny words.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, Jackson DKMGT or Ibanez RGA121. Try them all out.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by ajita
hows the rr24 compared to the razorback?

It's good.

Nah seriously, it's just put together a hell of a lot better, sustains well, has a better trem, although only one pickup so bear that in mind.

If it's for home practice to be honest I wouldn't recommend either, not exactly the most practical of guitars.
Funny words.
I love my razorback, you won't be dissapointed, the tremelo is fine and looks like its made out of a decent alloy.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
I think razorbacks are pretty badass, but if your not going to use the trem, then why buy one?

Seriously, like others have said, SCHECTER C-1 HELLRAISER. 700$ and is perfect for your style of music.

edit: 650$ on MF, or if you want the 7 string, 700$.

seriously, best deal there is for a pro metal guitar without a trem.
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
Quote by liquidknowledg4
I think razorbacks are pretty badass, but if your not going to use the trem, then why buy one?

Seriously, like others have said, SCHECTER C-1 HELLRAISER. 700$ and is perfect for your style of music.

edit: 650$ on MF, or if you want the 7 string, 700$.

seriously, best deal there is for a pro metal guitar without a trem.

hey i didin't say that i don't use the trem. all im sayin is that i dont whammy-abuse. i couldnt live without a trem and i dont use the floyd like laiho.
maybe the guy likes the razorback. I'm sorry, but you need to get over the schecter thing. The razorback is a V and the schecter is a strat style. No comparison. I wish for once, people would give someone an answer to their question that has some knowledge of what they are speaking. I doubt the majority of you have even laid eyes on a razorback, but just love to rip it apart. There is nothing wrong with the guitar and nothing wrong with an lfr. Manufacturing quality has increased tremendously over the years and most lfr's are just as god as the ofr. You just slam them because you all want to sound like elitists. I have a BC Rich v with and lfr and it holds a tune better than any of my fixed bridges. As to the original question, I would recommend the V255 because of the EMG's and the scale. I am not a big fan of the passives that come on the other one. Besides, the regular razorback only has an SD in the bridge and the neck is a Dean pup. Spend the exttra $100 and get the step up.
Quote by jigy-i-joe
I love my razorback, you won't be dissapointed, the tremelo is fine and looks like its made out of a decent alloy.

i would have thought it should be made of hardened steel...
Quote by MarleyBo
maybe the guy likes the razorback. I'm sorry, but you need to get over the schecter thing. The razorback is a V and the schecter is a strat style. No comparison. I wish for once, people would give someone an answer to their question that has some knowledge of what they are speaking. I doubt the majority of you have even laid eyes on a razorback, but just love to rip it apart. There is nothing wrong with the guitar and nothing wrong with an lfr. Manufacturing quality has increased tremendously over the years and most lfr's are just as god as the ofr. You just slam them because you all want to sound like elitists. I have a BC Rich v with and lfr and it holds a tune better than any of my fixed bridges. As to the original question, I would recommend the V255 because of the EMG's and the scale. I am not a big fan of the passives that come on the other one. Besides, the regular razorback only has an SD in the bridge and the neck is a Dean pup. Spend the exttra $100 and get the step up.

hey thanks for your reply man!! i too think that the V looks a lot cooler and IS way better, just wanted to know what others thought , thats all.
No problem, I really enjoy playing a V sitting down. You can put your thigh between the V and really dig in. Hope you enjoy it. I'd love to know how it plays and sounds. All i've played is the SD equipped version. But I love the EMG's. That's what is in my Rich V. It's pretty much the same as the V255, just a Rich and a bit different shape.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats one bad a** guitar...wouldn't mind buying this one too...hehe
You can buy one like this for $600 or less and put in the EMG's for a couple hundred and you're still cheaper than the Dean. Mine has the Zakk Wylde 81/85 set in it. I actually got mine used in perfect condition with the EMG set and a hard case for $400 even, tax and all. I love this guitar. I know alot of people here would bash it, but they have no idea. The only complaint is that the neck is a bit fatter than what I was used to, (I also have a Jackson SLSMG, super thin fast neck) but I got used to it and now I really like it. What else can you get with the features, a quilted top and ebony fretboard for a price like this?
Don't get any.

I had to wait months, I was told the guitar would be in next week, next week... Until it was 2 months later. so I said screw it and I bought a Epiphone instead which was way better, because a dean similar to the one I was getting was at the shop. Their necks aren't that thin.

Dean's went down hill like crazy. Even the 1000+ ones have Licensed floyd roses, which suck. You can get a BC rich with an Original Floyd Rose.

LFR's are junk, why is it that OFR's are on High end guitars, while LFR's are on low end? It's because it's a cheap version of the ORF.

That's like having splenda instead of sugar.

not to mention, the head stocks are huge and ugly on deans.

Make sure you try them out first, deans aren't what they used to be, you can get must better for the same price.

I rather get a Flying V for 500 (their lowest price gibson) and add a OFR on it... It'll cost about the same price but it will be much better in quality.
Last edited by nan0 at Sep 5, 2007,
[[[[[[Razorback OWNER talking here]]]]]]] dude take my adivice the music u into this guitar will do u more than good every1 says No... get this get that

Trust me Razorback=Best Metal Guitar EVER
and bout the shape whatever ur comfortable with i use a V though for live performances nd it isnt a dean... though i do have a razorback nd its THE BEAST!

So hope this helps yea if you get a razorback let me know PM me..
k man thanks!!! i think il buy the razorback v225...thanks for your opinion!!
Get what you want, I'm not going to complain, but I did try a Dime sig at the London guitar show, and to be honest (and I'm not a dime or a dean hater); I thought the build quality was rather poor. Just things like sharp fret edges, and badly bound fingerboard and that kind of thing. It was like they knew people were just gonna buy it without trying it because "Dimebag used it", so they skimped a little bit...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Exactly, mean while his guitar is 100 times better.

I'm just saying, you can get way better guitars for the same price or even a little less. Get something made in America. The quality is better.
If you're into Cob and stuff like that why not get the Alexi-600?
About 1050 if you buy off the net Great deal, Neck thru, 24 extra jumbo frets, OFR, Only one emg-Hz pickup tho...But still really great guitar
Cancer.
my budgets 1200$ includin guitar,case, and shipping. Unfortunately the rr24 or the alexi dont come with the case and shipping is not free...i live in india, so shipping is like 200-300$, which would shoot way above my budget....if the rr24 was within my budget, i would definately buy it, why not?
Go to www.Carvin.com, pick out a body, and then customize it to your own specifications.

By far the most effective use of your money.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Meh all these comments , 99% of them haven't even played a Razorback before and talk crap about them because 'they read it somewhere'.

The floyd rose on the razorback is a ping floyd rose it's GOOD.

people need to get over the whole "Original is the only best"-thing

Ping is just as good maybe even better for more sustain then a OFR.

further , I do agree that the lacker on the neck isn't always as comfortable as it could be , the shape of the neck is fine and so is the neck/body joint id rahter go for the EMGs then the Dimebucker.

Dimebucker is just not my style but this guitar rocks for Squeeling and harmonics.

Further --> It looks great , Sustain rocks , feel is nice except for the paint crap on the neck but I have pretty sweaty hands so when im playing for 15 minutes i slide over the neck either way! :p
Quote by nan0
Exactly, mean while his guitar is 100 times better.

I'm just saying, you can get way better guitars for the same price or even a little less. Get something made in America. The quality is better.

Yeah right as if a guitar made in america from 1000 bucks beats a 1000 buck import.

if you get a guitar from 1000 bucks made in america it will be made out of plywood and 2 lame stock pick-ups. the rest will be paying for the man hours that have been invested in making the guitar (since americans kost 200 times more then chinese people)
Yeah but what does that tell you? I rather have a Great ply wood and pick ups created right by a pro, then have some 4 year old kid making my guitar in a chinese factory with just a Screw driver and a tooth brush.

American Guitars are the best, that's why they cost so much.

I played the razorback. The whammy is not better than the original Floyd Rose.

Every single professional uses Original Floyd Rose. The other one you mention might have more sustain, but it will not stay in tune if you rape the whammy. With an OFR you can pull and push hard as you can back and forth and it will be in perfect pitch. now do that with the razor back. LOL

btw, Cost is with a C not a K.
why does everyone have to bitch so much about licened floyd rose and how rubbish they are compared to the orginals there really is nothing wrong with LFR, I've never found a problem with any I've had in the past, they did there job great imo.
I've played a razorback thought it was awesome, looks great, sound great, feels great, if you like it then go for it mate I don't think you'll regret it.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Sep 6, 2007,
Quote by nan0

Every single professional uses Original Floyd Rose.

is that including ones that use hardtail bridges? and professionals who use LFRs? and professionals who use Kahler bridges? Ibanez trems? how about professional dentists? you did say "Every single" one, so I'm assuming you're not limiting your ignorant post to the music profession.
Quote by nan0
Yeah but what does that tell you? I rather have a Great ply wood and pick ups created right by a pro, then have some 4 year old kid making my guitar in a chinese factory with just a Screw driver and a tooth brush.

American Guitars are the best, that's why they cost so much.

I played the razorback. The whammy is not better than the original Floyd Rose.

Every single professional uses Original Floyd Rose. The other one you mention might have more sustain, but it will not stay in tune if you rape the whammy. With an OFR you can pull and push hard as you can back and forth and it will be in perfect pitch. now do that with the razor back. LOL

btw, Cost is with a C not a K.

Except for the massive amount that use Ibanez and Kahler trems.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Page 1 of 2