Once again, I turn to the pit for answers; more often than not they can usually help me.

This particular incident involves workers of the popular (yeah right) superstore chain known as Tesco's.
I need one or two questions answering, just to clarify if I'm being bullshitted by my manager.

OK so here goes;

Question the first; How long (or how much previously) in advance have you got to book your holidays off for. For example, lets say I wanted a holiday off in February, how long before February would I have to get my booking off slip in?
I'm hoping everyone can give me the same answer so I know I'm not being singled out.

Question the second; Float Day(s). If you know what they are tell me. I have ALWAYS had a float day, every year, that I was allowed to take whenever I want. Now some bint has taken over wages all things have changed. Stupid cow.

Question the third; Contracts. Do you know where yours is, and does anyone anywhere have the Addendum that goes along with the HOLIDAY section of the contract.

Question the fourth; Which one do you work it lol. I've always been surprised how many employees I see from other tesco's. OK you haven't got to answer that one of you don't want to.

Many many many thanks to all who give me sensible answers.
No we don't sell icy hot at tesco's. No we don't barrel roll there and mudkipz has never been sighted near Tesco's, so that's those comments cleared up (I hope)

And I'm going to football practice now, I'll answer anything when I get back

Thanks again to everyone who can help.
~BlackLuster~

(who is from the YORK 4 store Tadcaster Rd. Come down sometime, we have a pool table!!)
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I work in tescos pinner green, and seriously I have little idea about answers there. They only let you know the absolute minimum and its hard as **** to find out stuff you need.
Question the first: 3-4 Weeks.

Question the second: A floating day, apparently, is a day off that you can use in December. I'm not sure whether it applies to any other months.

Question the third: Nope, sorry. You should always keep your contracts safe.

Question the fourth: I don't work at Tesco, I've just been asking my sister to answer these questions for me, as she worked there for quite a while.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Sep 3, 2007,
Quote by tobysaurus
There's a Tesco near where i live, people work there.

Useful
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by *Juno*
k.

Reported.

I don't work at Tesco's, but for the holiday thing, when I was at Superdrug it was about a month, two if it was a really long holiday (like 2 weeks or more).

Can't help with the rest, sorry.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
I'm sending an application form back to Tesco later this week, if I get the job I will answer these questions for you.

Although I think the first one is about a month, my Mum worked at Morrisons and it was about a month before if you're booking a holiday.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
i work in sainsbury's.

I think maybe i should beat you up now ? somewhere in company policy it says that.
Quote by DanRev
I work in tescos pinner green, and seriously I have little idea about answers there. They only let you know the absolute minimum and its hard as **** to find out stuff you need.

Pinner green? Anywhere near Yorkshire?? Yeah my geography is bad, sue me lol.
Yep I have exactly the same problem, they let you know little and when they DO let you know something they lie.
I hate tesco's, shame the pay is good or I'd leave like that *snap*

Quote by Smokey Amp
Question the first: 3-4 Weeks.

Question the second: A floating day, apparently, is a day off that you can use in December. I'm not sure whether it applies to any other months.

Question the third: Nope, sorry. You should always keep your contracts safe.

Question the fourth: I don't work at Tesco, I've just been asking my sister to answer hese questions for me, as she worked there for quite a while.

To the bolded section; A-HA!!! HA HA!! I knew she was lying to me, the bitch.
The wages manager (who sorts all this, her name is LINDA HAY and I hate her) wants me to book off my holidays for next april-august right now. I know! Tell me about it, how stupid is that!?!? Booking off holiday a whole year in advance really is beyond the absurd.
Thank you so much for your help smokey amp (and smokey's sister )
And about the contract lol, I keep mine safe and snug but in the holidays section is says I have to personally apply for the addendum and was wondering if anyone had one

Quote by Badreligionrock
Reported.

I don't work at Tesco's, but for the holiday thing, when I was at Superdrug it was about a month, two if it was a really long holiday (like 2 weeks or more).

Can't help with the rest, sorry.

Thank for reporting that idiot.
And thanks for the answer, these are all helping me

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Question the first: I think, that if you want to definitely get your holiday in Feb booked, you need to book it before the 30th September whereas it gets harder to do so after that.

Question the second: Not a clue what a float day is.

Question the third: I have still have my workers guide.

Question the fourth: I work in Tescos Newtownabbey in the pre sort and it is the easiet job that anyone can probably get.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by daft
Question the first: I think, that if you want to definitely get your holiday in Feb booked, you need to book it before the 30th September whereas it gets harder to do so after that.

Question the second: Not a clue what a float day is.

Question the third: I have still have my workers guide.

Question the fourth: I work in Tescos Newtownabbey in the pre sort and it is the easiet job that anyone can probably get.

Thankies
Lol, pre-sort, I used to hate that.
And presorting all those NDC cages. That used to infuriate me.
And then they took away our stereo in the warehouse. I know tell me about it!!

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by BlackLuster
Thankies
Lol, pre-sort, I used to hate that.
And presorting all those NDC cages. That used to infuriate me.
And then they took away our stereo in the warehouse. I know tell me about it!!

The stereo thing is a joke.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by Jackolas
What's working at Tesco's like anyway?

The pay is great.
The work isn't too bad.
Most of your co-workers need to be removed from the planet.
Almost everyone above you needs to be destroyed as they're so useless.
And they mess you around on the things you really want, and/or things that are important to you (like holidays)

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Sounds not too bad. Personally I'd rather work at an independent outlet, but it's far too easy to say that I guess.
Quote by JFJH
i work in sainsbury's.

I think maybe i should beat you up now ? somewhere in company policy it says that.

Lmao

Before i started my current job, Tesco's was top of my list. However one guy who works there f*cking stinks, really couldn't put up with that.
Quote by tobysaurus
There's a Tesco near where i live, people work there.

haha I lol'd
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
There are pros and cons for working for corporate.

I work for an independently owned restaurant and it's nice to be able to work directly for the owners, they actually take care of their employees unlike faceless corporations, but it also sucks because we can be understaffed at times (now is one of them). Yes, corporations have rules, but that also means that it's easy to get vacation time because you have to follow their stupid rules.

My vacation advance notice is like a week or two.
I don't even know what a float day is...

If I'm sick I call my manager, he gives me some numbers of people to call and if I can't get anyone to work for me, then I officially "call off" and potentially screw them over.