Theres talks of a 72 hour strike on the underground from 6:00pm tonight.
They say to finish journeys by 5, or you will be pretty much ****ed.

basically, if the strike goes ahead, then london will be in absolute chaotic turmoil for the next few days.

i dont finish work til half five, and i have to get THREE DIFFERENT LINES ON THE UNDERGROUND. it sucks maaaajorly.

god knows what im gonna do tomorrow. no work hopefully.

does this affect anyone else? do you think it will actually go ahead? are the tubeworkers just lazy/greedy/useless?

discuss.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
"Where the floors are sticky and the seats are damp.
Every platform has a f*cking tramp."

The only reason they do it is because they can.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Oh.... god... I've been in Bristol for the past month, I'm coming home (to London) to collect some of my stuff tomorrow, they do pick their days! How am I going to get from earls court to Ickenham without using the trains?

That's a serious question by the way, I know nothing about the buses...
bus bruv, it'll take ages but you can bus it.

Where in london do you live ? and where do you work ?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Oh.... god... I've been in Bristol for the past month, I'm coming home (to London) to collect some of my stuff tomorrow, they do pick their days! How am I going to get from earls court to Ickenham without using the trains?

you SHOULD be ok(ish)

apparently Picadilly, northern and Jubilee lines will run as normal, but they will probably run slower than **** after 35 cheeseburgers.

getting the bus tho, will take you friggen ages.

i've gotta get from holborn to west ham, (and i should be going to green park tonight, but **** that) and they are decreasing services at about half four.

im screwed.
Can't they get the army in to drive the trains like they did with the fireman strike? this is equally important!

If I can get a bus to ealing I'll be ok because I can get one to uxbridge from there, but good god it'll take ages.

I don't know much about east london but I recon there should be a bus to sort that out for you? do a search on TFL and put it in the to/from places and tick the box that says 'not using trains' or something and it'll find you a way.
Cant blame all the workers, i know a guy who is a repairman unergorund guy, and he doesnt agree with whats happeneing but he hsanot choice in the matter, hes got no work to go to!

Umm, i did hear that the trains were working, but that if theirs repairs needed, they wont be fixed, i dont think its hte drivers who are striking, its the repairfolks, but i could be wrong.
PSN: Noverion
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Can't they get the army in to drive the trains like they did with the fireman strike?

The army drove trains in the fireman strike? That seems very nonsensical.

Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by FunkasPuck
you SHOULD be ok(ish)

apparently Picadilly, northern and Jubilee lines will run as normal, but they will probably run slower than **** after 35 cheeseburgers.

getting the bus tho, will take you friggen ages.

i've gotta get from holborn to west ham, (and i should be going to green park tonight, but **** that) and they are decreasing services at about half four.

im screwed.

there is deffinatly a bus route, go to tfl's website, google it, and go to journey planner.

It will tell which busses to get and from where.
are any tubes gonna be running (on the effected lines that is) ???? will they just be every 10 minutes or w/e?

monsta edit: i kinda understand...its maintanance workers, so its people who deal with stuff when theres a problem with the tubes/tracks etc etc
Last edited by ze monsta at Sep 3, 2007,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Can't they get the army in to drive the trains like they did with the fireman strike? this is equally important!

If I can get a bus to ealing I'll be ok because I can get one to uxbridge from there, but good god it'll take ages.

I don't know much about east london but I recon there should be a bus to sort that out for you? do a search on TFL and put it in the to/from places and tick the box that says 'not using trains' or something and it'll find you a way.

cheers.
i hate buses tho. they take soooo long, and they've closed high holborn for some reason, which is gonna add more time to my journey.

thank god for my DS and MP3 player.
Quote by hellbound_jonny
"Where the floors are sticky and the seats are damp.
Every platform has a f*cking tramp."

The only reason they do it is because they can.

DAMN, you beat me to it. Although you really should've said:

"The greedy bastards want extra pay,
For sitting on their arse all day,
Even though they earn 30K,
So I'm standing here in the pouring rain
Where the ****'s my ****ING TRAIN?"
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I was on the Northern Line today (as usual)... Packed as anything and hot as hell.

I swear to god if they strike one more time Im going to blow up a fucking train...
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
I was on the Northern Line today (as usual)... Packed as anything and hot as hell.

I swear to god if they strike one more time Im going to blow up a fucking train...

The government are on their way to your house to arrest you right now.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Bristol > London. No?
Quote by break-me-in
The government are on their way to your house to arrest you right now.

Pff let them try taking me alive...

>_>
Terrorists are just people who are disappointed with the train service.

I went to Denmark Street today (Any London guitar players should know where that is.), neddless to say, the Picadilly Line was about 3 times as packed as usual, though the the Northern and Jubliee line weren't too bad. Was an absolute sh**load of traffic though.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Terrorists are just people who are disappointed with the train service.

I went to Denmark Street today (Any London guitar players should know where that is.), neddless to say, the Picadilly Line was about 3 times as packed as usual, though the the Northern and Jubliee line weren't too bad. Was an absolute sh**load of traffic though.

>_>

Infidel...
That sucks, a friend of mine wanted to go to London for a day but couldn't because of this.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by seljer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYVJSOFZxDE (warning: strong language? )

hmm, its pretty catchy

Every single time a strike is on, that song re-surfaces and every time its bang on.

I hate the transport system in London, I want my bastard routemaster buses back.

Some people might like to get a train to work
Or drive in in a Beamer or a merc,
Some guys like to travel in by bus,
But I can't be bothered with the fuss today
I'm going to take my bike,
Coz once again the Tube's on strike.
The greedy bastards want extra pay
for sitting on their arse all day
even though they earn 30K .
So I'm standing here in the pouring rain,
Where the fuck's my fucking train?

London Underground
London Underground
They're all lazy fucking useless cunts
London Underground
London Underground
They're all greedy cunts I want to shoot them all with a rifle.

All they say is "Please mind the doors",
and they learned that on the two day course,
This job could be done by a four year old.
They just leave us freezing in the cold.
What you smell is what you get
Burger King and piss and sweat
You roast to death in the boiling heat,
With tourists treading on your feet
and chewing gum on every seat,
so don't tell me to "Mind the gap"
I want my fucking money back.

London Underground
London Underground
They're all lazy fucking useless cunts
London Underground
London Underground
They're all greedy cunts I want to shoot them all with a rifle
LaLaLaLa
LaLaLaLa

The floors are sticky and the seats are damp,
Every platform has a fucking tramp,
But the drivers get the day off when we're all late for work again,

London Underground
London Underground
WaWa Wankers , They're all Wankers ,
London Underground
London Underground

Take your Oystercard, and shove it up your arsehole.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Last edited by Blackbullet at Sep 4, 2007,
Quote by Blackbullet
Every single time a strike is on, that song re-surfaces and every time its bang on.

I hate the transport system in London, I want my bastard routemaster buses back.

I love that song. I have their whole album on my iPod.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
i spent longer travelling to and from work yesterday, than i spent in the office. it took me over an hour to get a bus from aldgate to holborn.

friggen district line is still goin crazy, so going home should be fun.

the thing that pisses me off, is that the strikers demands were met. lazy ****ers.

if they do another on monday, i am NOT going in to work. simple as.
I didn't notice any change to anything yesterday. I travelled from Brixton to Westminster on the 159 bus and it took basically the same amount of time as usual. The way back was even quieter even though I took a different route from Victoria Station. I haven't noticed any difference except maybe a few more passengers.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
I hate the fact that the government are giving in, ok fair enough it affect the whole city. The government shouldnt give in, they get paid enough as it is, they should be happy, its not like they are highly skilled or anything, fire them and hire all the teenagers who have left school with no GCSE's im sure they are perfectly able to do it, and they wouldnt complain about the money either.
Quote by JFJH
I hate the fact that the government are giving in, ok fair enough it affect the whole city. The government shouldnt give in, they get paid enough as it is, they should be happy, its not like they are highly skilled or anything, fire them and hire all the teenagers who have left school with no GCSE's im sure they are perfectly able to do it, and they wouldnt complain about the money either.

i agree.

they arent helpful, they do nothing, you can see 4 of them milling around in the ticket booth things with only one till open and a massive queue in the rush hour, and if you ask them a question they look at you like you just took a **** on their nans carpet.

AAAND they get like, 28K a year to do this, and then moan that its not enough, then very selfishly decide **** up literally millions of peoples days just because they think they should get more money to just sit around doing nothing.

the strike yesterday cost our enconomy 50million quid.

its bull****, and Ken Livingstone is a pussy for buckling to these ****s demands.

Quote by Rocking-Rob
but that would mean aload more unemployed families requiring us to pay more for their dole whilst still paying the same for the tube

well, they should have thought of that before they demanded more money to do a job that doesnt deserve it.

the dole has to be worse for people on it than off it. the humiliation alone of being "dole scum" must really suck.

i mean, it gets paid by our national insurance and taxes doesnt it? and the government would take those regardless of whether or not there was a benefits system.

i know the tabloids like to sensationalise the benefits thing by making us out to be the mugs who are paying it, but how bad would it be to have to get up every day, knowing you are on the bottom rung of contributing society.

i know i would feel like a right prick.
Last edited by FunkasPuck at Sep 5, 2007,
not to mention the sky rocketing prices of tube fair, they are really getting extortionate for the services we get.