I was on my computer surfing UG today, when it just randomly shut down. Now the power light is blinking orange, and I can't seem to turn the computer back on. Does anybody know what could be wrong, and could you tell me how to fix the problem?
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
Move your mouse around, it's probably on standby.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Wow do I feel stupid.

EDIT: Anyways, thanks for the help dudes.

It could have overheated, my laptop does that all the time.

Wait until it cools down?
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Ok what you should do is rub icy hot on your computer than your balls. It may not solve your problem but it will sure keep you occupied.

But seriously, Try turning it off at the wall. if that doesnt help give us a bit more detail as the what has happened.

Edit: problem solved with out the use of icy hot. How boring.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
You need a new video card.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Ok. I was wrong. The problem still hasn't been solved. When I push this one button on the monitor, it says, "In Power Save mode. Press any key or move the mouse." However, the keyboard and mouse seem to have shut down along with the computer. Also, there doesn't seem to be a sleep button on my keyboard.

Quote by SOADFanSince'98
Ok. I was wrong. The problem still hasn't been solved. When I push this one button on the monitor, it says, "In Power Save mode. Press any key or move the mouse." However, the keyboard and mouse seem to have shut down along with the computer. Also, there doesn't seem to be a sleep button on my keyboard.

This happened to me today lol.

I just turned off the computer by that button, and turned it back on. Did this like 3 times to get it starting again.

The error was said to be connected with my graphics card.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
This happened to me today lol.

I just turned off the computer by that button, and turned it back on. Did this like 3 times to get it starting again.

The error was said to be connected with my graphics card.

Yeah, but whenever I try pushing the power button, or any button for that matter, nothing happens.

Quote by SOADFanSince'98
Yeah, but whenever I try pushing the power button, or any button for that matter, nothing happens.

I'm not suggesting for you to do this, but I smack my computer tower and BANG! it worked. Most likely coincidental.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
If keyboard has no power then check if any lights on it are working, (I mean control leds for Num/Caps/Scroll lock). If they are working and pushing buttons doesn't wake up your PC then problem lies somwhere else.
From what you wrote I assume you tried to reset your PC but it didn't work either - check if monitor plug is fairly connected to your video card.
Maybe it's just monitor (like damaged conection cable, or else) - did you tried to connect your PC to other monitor?
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
Quote by One Way Ticket
Two weeks ago, Yngwie Malmsteen walked up to me at a mall and gave me a bag of donuts. He told me "I don eat no focking donuts".
Last edited by _vampire at Sep 3, 2007,
Unplug, wait one minute and plug back in.

Then ditch Windows.
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
Quote by GuitarHero0715
So.......how are you on now?

and yea, what delirium said, Sleep button

Does anyone ever consider the fact that some people can afford more than one computer per household?

Or maybe he is using someone else's. It really, REALLY, isn't that hard to think of solutions to this kind of issue.
None of the lights on the keyboard or mouse work. I r kenfuzed.

Quote by Grundy0
Try your monitor?

The monitor works. I've checked all of my connections, and they seem fine.