ENGL Fireball
1 6%
Carvin MTS
0 0%
Laney GH50
2 11%
Voters: 18.
Ok, i'll post a poll in a sec,

Anyways, i thought i'd buy an orange rocker 30 combo, but i got some other tempting offers aswell....

So, also looking at the budgetary reasons, which ones would be best sex for the money?

It would be good if the amp could also do higher gain stuff (with the help of an OD pedal) like older metallica etc (their marshall days)...

so contestants:

Orange Rocker 30 combo - brand new - 1000 eur
Marshall DSL 50 - used - 900 eur
Marshall JMP 2203 (made in 1982) - used -900 eur
ENGL Fireball - brand new - 1000 eur
Carvin MTS-3200 - Brand new - 850 eur
Laney gh50 - used- 500 eur

Help me out please

i say orange or dsl 50
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
Quote by zwound
yeah, but keep in mind that i dont wanna spend alot. :S

Then why did you put them up there in the first place?
Quote by Don_Humpador
Then why did you put them up there in the first place?

i just the most bang for the buck...if the differences in money are bigger than differences in quality between them, then i'd rather have a cheaper amp which is slightly worse than one that costs say 200 euros more, but is slightly better..

...get where i'm heading?
Quote by zwound
i just the most bang for the buck...if the differences in money are bigger than differences in quality between them, then i'd rather have a cheaper amp which is slightly worse than one that costs say 200 euros more, but is slightly better..

...get where i'm heading?

Yes, I do. Which makes me say again, why did you put them up there if you 'dont wanna spend a lot' ?

It just seems silly to put some of those amps up there when you say, afterwards, that you don't want to pay that amount for them.
Best bang for the buck would definitely be the Laney, they're awesome.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
The Marshall JMP2203 is the best for Classic rock and 80s thrash and stuff but you will need an OD. Also the Orange will cover those tones as well. The fireball is a death metal amp. The DSL is garbage i just never liked them for anything. The laney is nice but i dotn have much experience with it. The Carvin i have never tried so i cant speak about it
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by MrCarrot
Best bang for the buck would definitely be the Laney, they're awesome.

Yep.

The orange is too vintage. The votes for the Rocker came from the bandwagon that's rolling around here
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
The rocker 30 isn't THAT vintage. I mean it sounds basically like a hotrodded marshall. I had a jam with my friend yesterday and really got to open it up and it sounded great and i play heavier music. And the orange has plenty of gain for me, espcially when cranked up.
Hey, thanks for the input!

Hmm...I would'nt try to build the clone, lol

I just don't feel that confident about building, and i'm sure i can't build one yet (but i will try in a year or two). Thanks for the recognition though!

Thing is i haven't tried the orange personally, but as far as i looked at youtube videos...well, i wasn't exactly blown away. I don't know. It might had been the recording, but i didn't feel like i should definitely get it for loads of money...
Quote by timi_hendrix
Yep.

The orange is too vintage. The votes for the Rocker came from the bandwagon that's rolling around here

o.O The Orange sounds plenty fine for that sort of thing.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Rocker 30 is definetly a great choice.

I haven't tried the Laney but from what I hear it's a great choice too.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
It seems okay, they're £6*0 new in England (I forget roughly how much, but somewhere around there...)
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
It seems okay, they're £6*0 new in England (I forget roughly how much, but somewhere around there...)

£614 on GAK
Quote by Don_Humpador
£614 on GAK

*feels smug about getting his direct from Orange for trade*
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Quote by Don_Humpador
I hates yoo.

Haha, it's surprisingly easy to blag things for trade :3
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Quote by Kurapica
Haha, it's surprisingly easy to blag things for trade :3

I can't be bovvered, as one might say

/Heads to Orange website for drooling pleasure.
Quote by zwound
Hey, thanks for the input!

Hmm...I would'nt try to build the clone, lol

I just don't feel that confident about building, and i'm sure i can't build one yet (but i will try in a year or two). Thanks for the recognition though!

Thing is i haven't tried the orange personally, but as far as i looked at youtube videos...well, i wasn't exactly blown away. I don't know. It might had been the recording, but i didn't feel like i should definitely get it for loads of money...

boo! thats not the right attitude! 18watt.com can guide you through it