Which of these would perform well with my Roland Cube 60 for heavy metal and death metal, heres the deal I plan spend around $500 tops, for the $300 models I planned on putting EMG's in them,.....I just need some opinions as to what I should do
I unfortuneatly live 120 miles from the nearest guitar shop

Ibanez's

Ibanez RG2EX1 (Black Model)

Ibanez RG3EXQM1 Quilted Maple Top Electric Guitar (Gray Model)

Ibanez RG321 Electric Guitar (Black Model)

ESP's

ESP LTD MH-250NT Electric Guitar

Jackson's

Jackson MG Series DXMG Dinky Electric Guitar
I reckon the Jackson's the best out of them, with the Floyd an' all.
And you'd probably want a whammy bar for metal, no?
R E G G A E
Quote by TheDarkestNights
I reckon the Jackson's the best out of them, with the Floyd an' all.
And you'd probably want a whammy bar for metal, no?

well I never use the whammy bar, I can change the pickups on the lower models but it comes out to same price as the Jackson but they are made of different woods

just looking for something that would do the trick for the bang for my buck for my Roland Cube 60 Amp
Jackons the best out of them.
Plus, you will be able to hang on, and save up for the active EMGs, because passive EMGs are still pretty good, and will give you a decent metal tone.
The way to a girls heart is through her ribcage
u could get jacksons,esp-ltd,or schecters with emgs already instaled for about that kind of money. when u go guitar shopping, take your amp with u and play a variety of guitars thru it. do not buy anything without trying it out first, i've learned the hard way, plus everybody has differant tastes ,yours is the only one that matters. good luck.
Quote by skwiddy
Jackons the best out of them.
Plus, you will be able to hang on, and save up for the active EMGs, because passive EMGs are still pretty good, and will give you a decent metal tone.

yeah sounds like a plan for now, but think Jacksons are made of Alder wood,

Quote by qotsa1998
cheap Floyd's = crap most of the time. id go with an Ibanez.

which Ibanez though =P, for the Ibanez's I would get EMG hz pickups and the jackson already has that but these guitars have different woods but everything together comes out to the same amount of money, just I need help deciding, I've tried them all out and they seemed nice but I still need help deciding
Guitars with good trems dont exist at your price range your best bet save up more money and buy a good guitar.

IMo the best guitar for you would probably be a Schecter Hellraiser has a good trem on it and EMGs and is made of mahogany they are only 800 new but you could probably find them on ebay for around 600

http://www.americanmusical.com/item.aspx?i=SCE%20C1FRHR%20BCH&src=D0407FG0HAMS0000SCE%20C1FRHR%20BCH

560 used

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHECTER-HELLRAISER-C-1FR-GUITAR-ACTIVE-EMG-PICKUPS_W0QQitemZ130149352747QQihZ003QQcategoryZ121166QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Last edited by Syn Harvest at Sep 3, 2007,
Quote by Syn Harvest
Guitars with good trems dont exist at your price range your best bet save up more money and buy a good guitar.

yeah, but I NEVER use a trem I loved the Ibanez's Fixed Bridge, and their feel, but I still lack the knowledge as to if Mahogany is better than Basswood for an SS amp, far as Ibanez goes or any other guitar company?

from what I hear EMG Hz's are better for SS amps than The Active 81 and 85

I know how to play guitar well, just lack guitar equipment knowledge
another thing to remember, if u play in a lot of different tunings stay away from floyds. u will have to adjust the springs every time u change tunings on any floating tremolo systems.
Quote by pete38
another thing to remember, if u play in a lot of different tunings stay away from floyds. u will have to adjust the springs every time u change tunings on any floating tremolo systems.

Yeah I never leave Drop-B on my current guitar with FR, but its pickups are lame and the guitar is ugly but its mahogany body.......just need a good quality guitar thats not terribly expensive for now, im not terribly old yah know

so far its the 3 Ibanez's Vrs the Jackson DXMG on the list on my first post,

Jackson DXMG already has EMG hz but the IBanez I will swamp stock for those=same price, just wonder if they sound any different cuz of the matierals

Quote by timi_hendrix
A word of warning: EMGs sound terrible with cubes.

then what pickups then?
^Where do you live?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by acdcrocks0323
New amp>new guitar

I don't need another amp, Roland Cube 60 for home use only sounds really good, don't have room for a big tube amp anyway

Quote by Syn Harvest
IMo the best guitar for you would probably be a Schecter Hellraiser has a good trem on it and EMGs and is made of mahogany they are only 800 new but you could probably find them on ebay for around 600

I don't like how those look

Which is the best out of the Ibanez's and the Jackson I've picked, the Ibanez are 280 to 340+200 for EMGHZ comes out to around the Jackson but only difference is wood material and FR system.....most of you guys will say save up get a tube amp and better guitar, but I am not a proffesional artist so its a waste to get a slightly better tone