Lately, I've been feeling a bit bored with guitar. (DUN, DUN, DUNNN. Cliché alert).

For example, learning the solo to Flies by the Black Dahlia Murder, bit fiddly, nothing too bad though. Played it through with the GP5 without looking to closely at it. It sucked hard. So I took some time to get it really tight. Ttook me 30 minutes to get 2 bars down perfectly.

I haven't played NEARLY as much as I should've this summer, or learn any new stuff. Can't really seem to get into it. Feel like there's no motivation. Best Metal guitarist in my school, joint best at like Guns N' Roses stuff.

And I listen to Sonata Arctica, Children of Bodom and stuff like that. Sweet Christ alive, what I wouldn't give to be able to play that fast. But I just feel to slow and sluggish. Just listen to the covers in my profile song, my playing is sloppy, messy, not all that great to listen to. I have more noise comin' off open strings than the f*cker I'm actually trying to play.

I can't "take a break" from guitar, as it's what I've been doing!

Any brainwaves?
R E G G A E
Why do I feel like just suggesting you pick up a nice acoustic? Its a very refreshing change, you should just try jamming on that for a while. Give all the old songs a new edge. It works for me.
Quote by elekguit
Why do I feel like just suggesting you pick up a nice acoustic? Its a very refreshing change, you should just try jamming on that for a while. Give all the old songs a new edge. It works for me.

EDIT: Anyone makes a meme outta that and I'll eat your soul.
R E G G A E
Last edited by TheDarkestNights at Sep 3, 2007,
how old are you? i've had the same problem for 3 months and it really pissed me off. don't take a break just don't force yourself! my problem was that i couldn't write my own songs anymore so i just said fark it and worked on my technique instead and now i can finally write songs again and i'm really really glad i didn't take a break.
you have to learn not to care... well that's what worked for me.
Quote by jAzZMataZz
how old are you? i've had the same problem for 3 months and it really pissed me off. don't take a break just don't force yourself! my problem was that i couldn't write my own songs anymore so i just said fark it and worked on my technique instead and now i can finally write songs again and i'm really really glad i didn't take a break.
you have to learn not to care... well that's what worked for me.

I turned 15 a few weeks ago.
R E G G A E
Quote by jAzZMataZz
i'm gonna turn 15 in 3 weeks.
what do you feel uninspired for?

I don't understand the phrasing.

I feel like there's no point continuing, I'll never be any better, I can't learn basic ****, etc etc.
Like going emo about my guitar.
R E G G A E
seriously like was said before, pick up an acoustic. I had this same problem a while back (not so much with metal), so I pretty much played only acoustic for like 2 months, hardly using a pick. When I started playing electric again it was like when I first started playing, all the inspiration was back, plus trying to play your electric songs on an acoustic, and getting it right then going back to a normal electric with distortion is like if you trained for football for a year with a hundred pound weight strapped to your back and then you take it off for your first game.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
just really keep on practicing. the more you practice, the more you'll want to practice!
it's true.