So I worked up some money was looking for a new guitar, and from reading around and came to decide that

Ibanez Rg1570
Epiphone elitist les paul
Schecter C-1 Classic

These three were all fairly solid guitars for what I want. I play [metal/hard rock]
Although I would not use a tremolo/ have no need for a floating bridge.
I think they are all kind of near the same price? although I do not live in America so I am not sure about prices in Australia.
if I could get some help, please. of course if there is something else I should be looking at please mention it.
Thanks.
just play around on a few guitars, see what feels comfortable and right to you.
The way to a girls heart is through her ribcage
Schecter, seriously. Heavier sound than the RG, better playability than the Epi, better looking than both of them.
I think an Elitist Les Paul Standard is about the same price as some Gibsons. If u can, id get a Gibson Xplorer. Seeing as an Elitist is about 1500, and an Explorer is a little over 1,000 US. Or u could buy a Les Paul Studio w/ EMG's, which would be awesome, especially for ur type of music.
Do the schecter if its between those. But for ones you should look at would be schecter c-1 shedevil , anything with esp or ltd on it (schecter and esp are the same company) , and why would you spend that much on an epi , if you are going to pay that much for something buy a gibson explorer. But, never the less the schecter , out of those would be best.

-cade
Quote by rcade
Do the schecter if its between those. But for ones you should look at would be schecter c-1 shedevil , anything with esp or ltd on it (schecter and esp are the same company) , and why would you spend that much on an epi , if you are going to pay that much for something buy a gibson explorer. But, never the less the schecter , out of those would be best.

-cade

False, I do believe.

And I'd go with the Schecter, for the reasons Aziraphale gave.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Thanks for the quick replies, I was leaning towards the schecter from what I had heard and seen, the only problem I have is there are no real large stores in my area/city that stock them that I know of. [damn australia]

There is a dealer in the next state across though that I know has them.
Would it be a totally bad idea to get one shipped across? or looking at ebay as an option?

As where I live there is not much variety in terms of guitars.
Quote by laverna
Thanks for the quick replies, I was leaning towards the schecter from what I had heard and seen, the only problem I have is there are no real large stores in my area/city that stock them that I know of. [damn australia]

There is a dealer in the next state across though that I know has them.
Would it be a totally bad idea to get one shipped across? or looking at ebay as an option?

As where I live there is not much variety in terms of guitars.

Schecter have a reputation of consistency with their guitars, I think it was GuitarPlayer magazine who tested the entire Blackjack series and actually said Schecter were ideal for online orders, because all the five or six guitars they tested were flawless. So I'd imagine you'd be pretty safe, to be honest I've never heard anyone be disappointed with their Schecters.
Id say schecter.. but not the c-1 classic.

This >http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_schecter_c1_artist_limited_edition_electric_guitar?full_sku=518187%2e001

virtually the same, 200$ cheaper.
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.