I got up at 8:30 to go to guitar center this morning because i wanted to get some stuff at the labor day sale. I got some other stuff but the strings where extremely cheap. Ernie ball Super and regular slinkys where going at 1.50$ So i picked up 15 packs of strings for about 24$ great deal!
|
I went too, and saw a bunch of the cheap D'Addario and Gibson brand strings - I asked the guy behind the counter if there was a sale on the Elixir's (10's), and he says "no... wait..." and then grabs a pack, scans it, punches a bunch of buttons, and then says "yeah, $3.62". They're normally like $11 at Guitar Center, $9 or $10 online various places, so I said, "ok, give me 5 packs, please", and now I'm set for at least a year, probably longer, since these last me 3-4 months at a stretch.

I also jumped on their "60% off opened cables", and grabbed two 12 ft. and a 21 ft. Monster Cable (just the standard instrument proline cables, not the gold headed ones). I have a couple sh*tty ones that are coming apart anyway, so I figure when they said "we'll still honor the lifetime warranty, even though they're open box", I couldn't resist.

Also grabbed a Behringer Eurorack 502 desktop mixer - it's normally $30, they had one returned and taped-up but guaranteed for 30 days for $1.99! I don't really need it, but for $2, I'll take it just in case.

Some guys ahead of me grabbed the used guitar cases - a genuine Fender tweed case was $0.99! Some others were $5 and $10, but by the time I saw them, only the used $50 SKB ones were left, and I don't really need a backup at that price.

No real guitar deals that I needed - they had the Gibson Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Jr. for $500, which was tempting just because it's a signature Gibson which I could probably resell for more, but didn't want to deal with the hassle. Some lower-end guitars (Schecter Omen's, OLP's, Dean's) were really cheap.

There was also a floor model Vox Valvetronix ADV30T for $299.99, which I would have grabbed if I'd seen it in time, but someone else grabbed it. The ADV60T was $100 more, but I don't really NEED another amp to begin with, and I can't justify $400 + tax, plus the sheer size of that one. If anything I was hoping to find a cheaper hybrid 1x12 (a Vox or Marshall ADV) to carry around when I jam with other people and don't want to lug around a half-stack, but the only other good sales on amps were for used high-end ones, like Marshall Mode Fours and some Mesa rack amps and stuff like that, still too much money for me.

Finally, the SRV signature Fender Strat was $1199.99, which I'm sure is the lowest it's ever been. I personally really want a Fender American Deluxe HSS, the one in Montego Black, but it was normal price (also $1199.99) - I think if I ever see that for about $700 used or floor model with the case, I'm gonna bite...
I got 10 packs of Ernie Ball Reg. Slinkies for $16!!! woohoo me.

Shure SM58s were $80.
didn't see any good deals on cases though...

Crate Palomino V16 were $300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's a buy.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Ig ot up at 6:30 and got there at 8 right when they opened. They had tons of **** on sale, and stuff that wasnt on sale they marked down for me. i got two pedals, some strings, and some other stuff. They had doughnuts too
im going to guitar cneter in about an hour, ill probably stock up on strings
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
i got an olp 5 string, peavy 15 watt, and a strap for about 230$

not bad... savede at least 80 dollars...

i went in planning to buy a pedal and a few leads ( for luxary more than anything, but the bass was sorely needed for jazz band, there was also a grestsche bass for about two hundred, but again i needed an amp)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Last edited by latinosuperstud at Sep 3, 2007,
oh yea one more thing. there was a HOT hooters chick at the door. handing out the paper. but i was more interested in her
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
since my dad is a **** i told him to take me and by the time he took me it was already closed........