Page 1 of 2
Which is the best wireless guitar system?. Is the AKG guitar bug any good?.

anyone
Last edited by TroyMaclure at Sep 3, 2007,
Just get really long cables.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Just get really long cables.

Fortunatly, this guy is right.

Wireless systems are always meh. There will ALWAYS be tone deterioration, and you have to spend a good chunk of money to keep the deterioration to a minimum. Unless youre flailing around like a wild animal and trying to pull of some huge stage moves, you REALLY dont need it. In fact, unless youre at some huge venue where you have the space to do some massive stage moves, I reeally wouldnt advise wasting your money on one...

But to answer your question, I dont know... sorry
do you want the best wireless system period or do you want one that is cheap
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Might as well get the best... if you DO get a cheap one, your tone wont sound much better than a Silvertone through an MG.

(I actually dont hate MG's, but I dont like em either. Just using a common stereotype )
a good wireless system is about 1000 USD imo at least
Quote by nedthehead
Fortunatly, this guy is right.

Wireless systems are always meh. There will ALWAYS be tone deterioration, and you have to spend a good chunk of money to keep the deterioration to a minimum. Unless youre flailing around like a wild animal and trying to pull of some huge stage moves, you REALLY dont need it. In fact, unless youre at some huge venue where you have the space to do some massive stage moves, I reeally wouldnt advise wasting your money on one...

But to answer your question, I dont know... sorry

hmmm

...i just want a decent system so i can work with its not for tone purposes
So you don't care about tone?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by TroyMaclure
hmmm

...i just want a decent system so i can work with its not for tone purposes

so tone isnt important your pretty much a noob tone is of the utmost importance. everything i do is in the drive of having a better tone.

What kind of gear do you have
Quote by Syn Harvest
so tone isnt important your pretty much a noob tone is of the utmost importance. everything i do is in the drive of having a better tone.

What kind of gear do you have

'reportage'

ill be using cables for performing, recording/gigging/rehersing. I just want to use it for work.
if you think tone isnt important then your totally overlooking what is important with guitar. Your only concerned with having a wireless system so you can do that awesome guitar spin with the rest of your eyeliner were buddies on stage while the local 14 year olds scream arent you. Typical emo scene kid idiot you arent even worth helping because you dont even care what guitar playing is all about
Quote by Syn Harvest
if you think tone isnt important then your totally overlooking what is important with guitar. Your only concerned with having a wireless system so you can do that awesome guitar spin with the rest of your eyeliner were buddies on stage while the local 14 year olds scream arent you. Typical emo scene kid idiot

reportage #2
Quote by Syn Harvest
Typical emo noob

(3)

(learn to read before you make inappropriate comments)
your a bitch i tried to help you but your so stubborn you wont take decent advice in efforts to move forward in your quest for tone you just care about looking cool learn to ****ing play first noob
go cry to your mom bitch. I reported you for being a noob
Last edited by Syn Harvest at Sep 3, 2007,
lay off of this guy, seriously. performance has ALOT to do with success nowadays.
it's why half of you are still bedroom players, or playing boring blues rock covers to a bar full of people to drunk to care about your "tone" or performance. i could go on forever about you ignorant jackasses. yes, tone is quite important, but it's completely pointless to try to back up your argument here.

anyway, about the wireless system...
i'm thinking about getting this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/AKG-WMS-400-Body-Pack-Wireless-System-For-Guitars?sku=275684

it's probably crap, but I'm sick of tripping over cables every show...
^ya i know the quality of music is no longer important what a poor poor scene we are currently in.

DEATH TO FALSE METAL!!!!!
Quote by joshfrazier
lay off of this guy, seriously. performance has ALOT to do with success nowadays.
it's why half of you are still bedroom players, or playing boring blues rock covers to a bar full of people to drunk to care about your "tone" or performance. i could go on forever about you ignorant jackasses. yes, tone is quite important, but it's completely pointless to try to back up your argument here.

you speak the truth.
how horrible has this forum gotten where having a good guitar tone is no longer important and knowing how to play correctly is no longer important. Its so horrible that music has turned into the **** it is nowadays where good song writing, good guitar tone, and actual talent no longer mean anything. Music nowadays is pathetic and all the noobs playing it are even more pathetic
Here's a good idea. Why don't we marry good tone with freedom of movement? Then, everyone's happy! duh...
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
Quote by Mobius Man
Here's a good idea. Why don't we marry good tone with freedom of movement? Then, everyone's happy! duh...

ya its called getting a 50 foot cable instead of a 100 dollar wireless sytem so you can sound like **** and spin your guitar around your body. How dumb is that sacrificing tone for looks
Quote by Syn Harvest
how horrible has this forum gotten where having a good guitar tone is no longer important and knowing how to play correctly is no longer important. Its so horrible that music has turned into the **** it is nowadays where good song writing, good guitar tone, and actual talent no longer mean anything. Music nowadays is pathetic and all the noobs playing it are even more pathetic

everything youre speaking of is subjective. talent, tone, song writing.
some people think vai is god, i personally find him boring as ****.
some people think a recto pumping through a 4x12 with a million rack effects sounds amazing. some like a simple telecaster through an old 50s amp with one volume control.
people receive songs differently. you need to seriously calm down. if everyone thought the same as you, or me, or any one person, the world would be a seriously ****ing boring place to live in.
ya tone and songwriting are subjective but everyone can agree that the current state of music sux and noone in it cares about talent or tone that is not subjective that is fact just listen to that **** and i am calm. sorry if it came off like im in a rage im not
Quote by TehJermie
everything youre speaking of is subjective. talent, tone, song writing.
some people think vai is god, i personally find him boring as ****.
some people think a recto pumping through a 4x12 with a million rack effects sounds amazing. some like a simple telecaster through an old 50s amp with one volume control.
people receive songs differently. you need to seriously calm down. if everyone thought the same as you, or me, or any one person, the world would be a seriously ****ing boring place to live in.

But that is why we have wars too...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
But that is why we have wars too...

not really, different opinions and thoughts are the spice of life. i think wars are started out of sheer arrogance.
Quote by Syn Harvest
ya tone and songwriting are subjective but everyone can agree that the current state of music sux and noone in it cares about talent or tone that is not subjective that is fact just listen to that **** and i am calm. sorry if it came off like im in a rage im not

yes. you are absolutely correct. we all agree that the current state of music sucks.

if you turn on the television, chances are, you will see/hear some really crappy music. dig a little deeper into "scene" type music and you may find some bands that impress you, I can almost guarantee that.
Arrogance doesnt start wars Ignorance does. Arrogance finishes wars
^ really, of course commercial music sucks right now. but the indie(not genre) music scene is absolutely thriving right now. the renaissance soon approaches my friends.
Quote by Syn Harvest
Arrogance doesnt start wars Ignorance does. Arrogance finishes wars

well, ill explain my opinion. wars are ideological beasts. people get so offended that someone else could possibly have a different outlook on life than they do, and that they may not have all the answers and maybe even be "gasp" wrong about things. this causes pain to seep through the heart and the anus thus hurting one's pride. then they fire the first shot.
im done with the OT discussion. its getting lame.
Quote by TehJermie
^ really, of course commercial music sucks right now. but the indie(not genre) music scene is absolutely thriving right now. the renaissance soon approaches my friends.

I know the underground harbors good bands i was talking about the mainstream
Slash uses a wireless system... and he has great tone. But I dunno what kind of $$$ it costs to have one as good or better than his.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Quote by TehJermie
well, ill explain my opinion. wars are ideological beasts. people get so offended that someone else could possibly have a different outlook on life than they do, and that they may not have all the answers and maybe even be "gasp" wrong about things. this causes pain to seep through the heart and the anus thus hurting one's pride. then they fire the first shot.
im done with the OT discussion. its getting lame.

But that contains both ideas of Arrogance and Ignorance so we will say both start wars
On topic, why would the threadstarter need a wireless system anyways?

EDIT: aren't cheap wireless systems unreliable unless you don't move around?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Sep 3, 2007,
a higher end Shure system would be what to get. i plan on getting one one day if the need arises. however by the time my need arises, i will be able to purchase one wihtout losing tone.

Tone is very important.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by ^Slash^
Slash uses a wireless system... and he has great tone. But I dunno what kind of $$$ it costs to have one as good or better than his.

You cannot honestly tell me he uses one in Studio! Listen to the studio song, then the live version in question. While the tone MAY still be great, he probably paid more than a pretty penny for it.

Syn: The music industry has turned to 14 year old girls who can relate to a guy because he can wear makeup and be "cool". We all have to learn to deal with it, or continually support the people that know whats going on.
2nd, the kid never said he was emo. If you play hardcore/street punk, a wireless system wouldnt be a bad choice because the only thing you would have to do to counterbalance is turn up the gain a smidge. Give him a break and just try to teach him right from wrong... most people have lost touch with that last part...
Obviously not in the studio.... I'm not toally retarded you know.. but I mean live. Of course he uses it live he goes off stage, jumping. Look at the UYI stage, that thing was so massive!

But I get what your saying, no one here on UG hs a stage as big as the UYI stage...
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
can you give the guy a break he just wants to know what a good wireless system is and all you guys are giving him **** about it do you even know what sort of music he plays i mean i dont like emo music but i know a few people that play in emo bands and the have a great ear for tone so lets not be all high and mighty because you think you know soo much about guitar and tone and give the guys some positive answers or fahck off
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Page 1 of 2