Hello

I'm getting myself a electric guitar soon and I've asked friends and in stores and i have found this electric guitar a: Ibanez elgitarr GRGM21GBBKN for 320 $ and a Peavey Backstage amplifier for about 72 $ and i will buy a electronic tunner for 20-40 $ and I-m just wondering if this is a good startoff package as a beginner?

Ibanez elgitarr GRGM21GBBKN (picture)
http://www.musikborsen.se/itm_img/big_167401.jpg
Peavey Backstage amplifier (picture)
http://www.musikborsen.se/itm_img/med_151550.jpg
Most of the time the Epiphone packages are good. Some Squier pack are good. And GRG guitars arent too great, even for starters.
Looks like it should be a good starter guitar.

It might be cheaper for you to buy a squire strat pack, or Ibanez pack of some sort.

If you want to buy it seperatly, I would recommend a Washburn X10 or an SX guitar from www.rondomusic.net

As for the amp, I would recommend a crate flexwave 15watt, Roland Cube15X or Line 6 Spider III 15 watt. Keep in mind, the Crate and Roland are more versatile but the Line 6 is a bit better for metal.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Nice combo - Peavey's stuff is usually pretty handy - had my rage 158 for 4 years & it's still nice. The ibanez guitar should be an inspired choice as well. For the tuner, a korg should do well, as it'll let you tune to drops if needed.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by qotsa1998
Most of the time the Epiphone packages are good. Some Squier pack are good. And GRG guitars arent too great, even for starters.
Any other guitars for around 300 $ ?
I say you should just get a standard one from Epiphone, or Squier. Because when you buy your first guitar it's the true test whether or not you'll stick with guitar or not.
Quote by MESAexplorer

As for the amp, I would recommend a crate flexwave 15watt, Roland Cube15X or Line 6 Spider III 15 watt. Keep in mind, the Crate and Roland are more versatile but the Line 6 is a bit better for metal.

For flexwave 15 (which is what i got) whats some good settings to set the amp up with? meaning whats a good starting point for the adjustments for a good crunchy rock sound from the amp. I have Fender Strat HHS
That Ibanez... is a travel guitar. Shorter scale, smaller body than average electric guitars. I wouldn't suggest getting a package to start with. Look for a cheap Ibanez that's NOT made of nato or agathis and a Roland Microcube.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
The Epi starter packs are trash. Specifically, the guitars in them are awful. Don't touch them. Anyone who wants to start off with an LP, either look into Agile, or get one of the average or better Epis (i.e. Standard at the very least).

Anyway. From the sound of the OP message, he's not actually after a set 'Starter Pack' type thing, so hey.

As far as the stuff picked out in the OP, the amp's fine for a beginner - the guitar is a touch lacking though. The odd scale especially is a pointless complication, especially once you get better and get a 'proper' guitar.

What type of music do you intended to play mostly? If you can give examples of the sort of thing you're more interested in (e.g. rock, metal, blues, country, punk, or whatever), we can offer more appropriate suggestions.
yamaha pacifica 112 and roland microcube/vox da5.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
(After having a look at your profile), for something more metal orientated, the Ibanez is a good start, but try having a look at an entry Jackson or something - the entry level Dinkys are good, but a look around the JS30 range and there are some nice finds, or maybe consider an ESP or a BC Rich or something, but I'm guessing you're looking for a super-strat type. I'll definitely agree with the Line 6 for Metal - tried one of those a while ago, those things are Surprisingly good, & it'll just lift your sound to begin with. Is it worth maybe having a look at a metal-aimed stomp box as well? Maybe have a look at the digitech death metal or a Boss SD. Hope that helps a bit
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United