i just traded a hat for my friends guitar(he never plays at all and it was a really cool hat)

should i still buy a new guitar or is a squire a "good-enough" guitar?
WOO
its a squire strat
yea the guitar was at my house for like 6 months already so it was basically like mine any way
WOO
i wish i could do that trade.
and how long have you been playing?
if you just started, thats fine.
i cant think of a good sig....
Wow, awesome trade. I would just keep the Squier for now and see if you like guitar enough to go buy another one.
i got up to grade 6 level and passed it playing a cheap squire guitar, so they don't really limit your'e playing or anything, unless you want to play stuff with a floyd rose or anything.
Squier guitars are fine if it's your first guitar. If you got it for a hat, I'd spend the money you saved on upgrading it with new pickups and the like.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Shoulda' kept the hat. *shot*

Just kidding, a squier is fine to start on. Do you have an amp?

EDIT**

Trade your bandana for one!
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Use the money for customizations!! Pups, nut, tuners, etc.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
By the way, any chance you could find us a picture of this hat? :P
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
You will probably have to change about everything on it but for basics Squiers are great
In the long run you might eventually need another guitar to play different styles more - intensively, but with the right configuration a baby like that can handle anything.

Upgrade in this order, for example:

- the paintjob. It's the cheapest, and if you want your guitar to become something special, sand the lacquer and top paint off (body & headstock) and get creative.
- tuning & it's stability: think new tuners on your headstock, maybe a better tremolo, and have it set up properly so your action and intonation as well as your neck bow are all optimal
- sound: start by replacing the regular electronics; if the pots crackle, or the switch is heavy, replace them. If your input jack sucks, replace it. Then on to pickups, where there are a lot of options; for alot of versatility you could put a high-gain humbucker in the bridge (the DimeBucker I've got there can handle anything from classic rock to real heavy metal, but you could also look into Bill Lawrence pickups, Les Paul style-humbuckers and so on). The bridge will be your heavy sound.
For the neck you'd want something to play blues, or bluesy cleans, a warm single coil.
Putting another single coil in the middle position, possibly a slightly brighter one than in the neck position, will result in optimal versatiliy - to my liking, that is - and suitable for even jazz.
- A good amp.

^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
the first thing i want ot do is change teh pickgaurd

where can i find one? Right now the guitar is black with a white pickgaurd and want either a dark red or dark green one.

and are they easy to put on?
WOO
Inform your firned he's slightly retarded. Unless it was 200 years old and beat to **** or your hat had a jetpack built in I dont see that working out.
What kinda strat? Bullet? Standard? Affinity? Deluxe? Megasuperawesomerarething?
Wouldn't bother with upgrades unless its made from some decent wood.

Most online replacement shops will sell fender PGs, not sure if they'll be a match. It's just a case of unscrewing all the guts and screwing thm back on to your other pickguard in the same place.
Quote by bornfidelity
You will probably have to change about everything on it but for basics Squiers are great
In the long run you might eventually need another guitar to play different styles more - intensively, but with the right configuration a baby like that can handle anything.

Upgrade in this order, for example:

- the paintjob. It's the cheapest, and if you want your guitar to become something special, sand the lacquer and top paint off (body & headstock) and get creative.
- tuning & it's stability: think new tuners on your headstock, maybe a better tremolo, and have it set up properly so your action and intonation as well as your neck bow are all optimal
- sound: start by replacing the regular electronics; if the pots crackle, or the switch is heavy, replace them. If your input jack sucks, replace it. Then on to pickups, where there are a lot of options; for alot of versatility you could put a high-gain humbucker in the bridge (the DimeBucker I've got there can handle anything from classic rock to real heavy metal, but you could also look into Bill Lawrence pickups, Les Paul style-humbuckers and so on). The bridge will be your heavy sound.
For the neck you'd want something to play blues, or bluesy cleans, a warm single coil.
Putting another single coil in the middle position, possibly a slightly brighter one than in the neck position, will result in optimal versatiliy - to my liking, that is - and suitable for even jazz.
- A good amp.

^^

Wow, is this the Building and Customizing forum? I think not. And anyway, you got it in the wrong order, a good amp should be the FIRST thing he thinks about, not a bloody paintjob.

And also, a nice fedora hat (for example) could cost anything up to $200. He might have been ripped off if the Squier was an Affinity series.

TS, just concentrate on your playing and musicality, not wasting $100 on pickups that will be about as useful as a chocolate kettle, on a Squier. Don't listen to these nutters.
Quote by Anj

where can i find one? Right now the guitar is black with a white pickgaurd and want either a dark red or dark green one.

You'll find a new pickguard at a guitar shop or in an online store. They're easy to replace; remove the screws, then the pickguard, put new pickguard in in place, put screws back in
Quote by Don_Humpador
Wow, is this the Building and Customizing forum? I think not. And anyway, you got it in the wrong order, a good amp should be the FIRST thing he thinks about, not a bloody paintjob.

And also, a nice fedora hat (for example) could cost anything up to $200. He might have been ripped off if the Squier was an Affinity series.

TS, just concentrate on your playing and musicality, not wasting $100 on pickups that will be about as useful as a chocolate kettle, on a Squier. Don't listen to these nutters.

LOL

You underrate squiers, they can be great.
And who needs a good amp if your guitar is still crap? Alot of people like the squier necks and unless the thing is made out of plywood good pickups do wonders for it's sound. Hell even if it is plywood, you could always later get a new body ^^ And it'll still be cheaper then getting a new guitar of it's class.

A fair practice amp such as the Cube works fine for any first year or so of guitar playing. Besides, if there's a gig and you're a beginning guitarist/band, there's 90% of the time amps present anyway.

Paintjob is ofc only at the top of the list because it costs, like, nothing....... and it's cool ofc
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by Anj

do you live in louisiana?
1966 rickenbacker fireglo 335
78' twin reverb (loud awesome tone)

practice makes practice... never perfect