I am planning to buy a new electric guitar to replace my old Ibanez GAX 30 with. Today I looked around In the local music shop and spotted a Coxx guitar. It played really well and had a nice jazzy sound to it. And it was quite cheap since it was on sale (590€ ->350&euro.

I unfortunatetly don't remember what the model is but it is a hollowbody guitar with double humbuckers. I couldn't find good info on the web but I think it is called something in the lines of ES-335 (probably a copy or i'm wrong but that was all I could find) and it was made in China.

Now I wonder, does anyone have any experience when it comes to this guitar since I'm unsure about the quality of the wood, electronics etc?
Last edited by petterblo at Sep 3, 2007,
I wouldn't worry about quality, if you like the sound, you like the sound. But if it is a copy then I suggest you just buy a guitar from a trusted brand.
if its an ES-335 then say goodbye to $2500+. that's a Gibson. amazing sound though.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
If it's an ES style semi acoustic model ('f' or 'diamond' holes), they don't handle too much well, but they are extremely versatile, I have a few Epi models and a a Gibson model.

Check the neck joint, it should be a set neck, they tend to crack a little though on cheaper models.

Try changing the electrics from a trusted tech though.
Get some new pups & spend some cash on them, just like a pair of Burstbuckers or something along those lines.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by DiveRightIn63
if its an ES-335 then say goodbye to $2500+. that's a Gibson. amazing sound though.

Yeah, realised that afterwards, but when i searched for coxx guitars, the only one i could find that looked similar to the one i was looking for had Es-335 next to it (the site was in french though )