I see your point but i don't agree
22 20%
Your Right
24 21%
I'm on the fence for this
25 22%
Voters: 112.
Page 1 of 3
I know i'm going to get flamed for this but just hear me out first.

I don't see why alot of bassists are whining and crying about how underappreciated they are?like come on that is not 100% true.I dont see why they think everyone is turning there heads away from them and spiting on there talent and ect.

To me i don't think bassists have the right to be crying that much about how underappreciated they i think the drummer,and keyboardist,volinist,the dj(nu metal ,slipknot and techno) ,classical guitar and others have the right to complain alot cause they are more underappreciated than the bass.

I don't don't know why i'm going to put up a poll cause we all know what the out come is going to be "your stupid","your thread is a fail"....the normal Ug replies

Just go a head and flame me cause i know some of you are not going to read it .
Last edited by The Warlokk at Sep 3, 2007,
Fuck you.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
your stupid and you thread is a phail

nah, actually you're right.. and I probably say that because I'm not a bassist myself

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by The Warlokk
I know i'm going to get flamed for this but just hear me out first.

I don't see why alot of bassists are whining and crying about how underappreciated they are?like come on that is not 100% true.I dont see why they think everyone is turning there heads away from them and spiting on there talent and ect.

To me i don't think bassists have the right to be crying that much about how underappreciated they i think the drummer,and keyboardist, and others have the right to complain alot cause they are more underappreciated than the bass.

I don't don't know why i'm going to put up a poll cause we all know what the out come is going to be "your stupid","your thread is a fail"....the normal Ug replies

you are not allowed to advertise in your sig.

and this Rant sucks major ass.
I love my bass player..

I appreciate him more than any other member of the band..
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by The Warlokk
To me i don't think bassists have the right to be crying that much about how underappreciated they i think the drummer,and keyboardist, and others have the right to complain alot cause they are more underappreciated than the bass.

What's that, homeless orphan? You're cold and hungry? Well you don't have the right to complain; there are kids in Africa who have AIDS as well as your sorry situation! Shut the fuck up!
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Im a bassist and i dont really feel under appreciated. Just because im not the center of attention doesnt mean i dont get noticed at all.
"And then there was a chair....Alternating the movement of its feet like a horse, the chair runs up to my bed, climbs up into it--and I make love to the wooden chair(uncomfortable, painful)."
I somehow understand that, but remember there are some bassists that have to sit there and play boring root notes.
good bassists are definately not underappreciated.

/thread
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by rorythefaggot
What's that, homeless orphan? You're cold and hungry? Well you don't have the right to complain; there are kids in Africa who have AIDS as well as your sorry situation! Shut the fuck up!

Grow up.
I actually haven't seen any posts about bassists not being appreciated or anything. When I'm writing a song the bass line is often the highlight for me, if not the drums.

EDIT: "I'm on the fence for this" I'm not sure if this is agreeing with you, or disagreeing.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Last edited by Metal_Rich at Sep 3, 2007,
you are an idiot, anyone who doesnt play an instrument knows what a eletric guitar and drums are but not bass. I think that pretty much explains how underappritiated they are.

/thread
I must add that "grow up" isn't the best comeback for all insults, no matter how stupid they are.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
a really good bassist essentially can make or break a band. a good bassist keeps the rhythm going and acts as a transition between drums and guitar. i think really if you have a good bassist the bassist is the most important part of a band (at least thats how it is for me cause the bass player i jam with has been playing for 6 years and is good as hell) now me i've picked up bass and just play the root notes and stuff and if thats all a bass player is doing then really there's nothing special about that.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Quote by dean_dc
you are an idiot, anyone who doesnt play an instrument knows what a eletric guitar and drums are but not bass. I think that pretty much explains how underappritiated they are.

/thread

your an idiot bass is used in more music guitar SO STFU...no one knows what a bass guitar is....that because some"hip hop" people dont know what a bass guitar is means they are underappreciated
Pft, drums are way more appreciated then bass players. Most non-musicians can't even pick out a bassline from a song, unless they listen to a lot of music.
Quote by Metal_Rich
I must add that "grow up" isn't the best comeback for all insults, no matter how stupid they are.

it is not a comeback smart ass it is a fact they need to learn.
i agree, the drummer and keyboardist are always easy to hear but never talked about,the bassist often just does the bass part of the guitar, so you don't hear the difference, unless you play music by the chills or queens of the stoneage

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

no when someone doesnt know what an instrument it it cant be appritiated, DUH!?

and drums and guitar are more widely recognised than bass although bass is in just about every pop song you hear.

also where im from about 80% of people aged 14-20 dont have a clue what a bass is what it looks or even sounds like.
Quote by riffmasterjosh
a really good bassist essentially can make or break a band. a good bassist keeps the rhythm going and acts as a transition between drums and guitar. i think really if you have a good bassist the bassist is the most important part of a band (at least thats how it is for me cause the bass player i jam with has been playing for 6 years and is good as hell) now me i've picked up bass and just play the root notes and stuff and if thats all a bass player is doing then really there's nothing special about that.

A really good anything will make or break a band
Quote by And2001PT
Triangle player?

if it doesnt fit, then it will break the band. if the media wants something new, it will make the band.

Edit:^that too
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by minibrowny
Wheres the "TS is a knob end" option on the poll?

under the "GTFO OUT OF MY THREAD OPTION"
Last edited by The Warlokk at Sep 3, 2007,
Quote by minibrowny
^ theres an option within an option?! but i had that asking, im sorry.

Please don't start.
Quote by And2001PT
You're racist.

You don't like bass players because they are black.
The all bass players are black jokes are getting annoying already

Bass players keep the songs moving. They are very important in one guitar bands
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Show me a post where someone on this forum has said 'I'm treated really badly and under appreciated because nobody respects bass or realises its real value'.

Someone made a thread stating the exact same thing in the bass forum a while ago, it turned into a big argument, two people ended up banned. Me being one >_>
If you want to say stuff like that, don't. You knew it would annoy people.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Page 1 of 3