I guess so.

strings might be a pain though, since it'll be so small, I figure it'll have to have a lot of tension in the strings to get them up to the proper pitches, The frets will also be really small too. But Have you seen the mini squiers? They aren't exactly 10" more like 2' ish I think. But still pretty small.

so basically to compensate for the strings it'll have to be really stubby around the neck. like holding a 2x4 or something

Honestly 10" seems a bit ambitious, maybe try and go for 2" or 2 1/2" or something a bit easier.
Yeah, 10" is probably just too short. I wouldn't advise anything less than 20" or so.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
15 might work i know 20 does and 18 i think also works
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Wouldn't that be like some kind of bizarre hybrid Mando-Tar?
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by powermetalg
2' is only 3/4 inches less than a gibby and 2 1/2' is a barritine.

ahh beat me. But yeah i'd advise against a 10" guitar unless u want say a mandolin or summt.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
i say go for it use cheap wood and parts, then if it doesn't work, incorprate them into something else.
yoyoyuyo

Guitars.........................Amp.................Pedals (getting new)
Ibanez S470................Laney VC15.....Boss DS-1 (it's bad)
PRS SE Soapbar II
Ibanez aw15 acoustic
Quote by El_Bozo
Just build an Ukulele.

'Just build a Ukulele'

It's a 'y' sound...

Anyway, you can do a small scale. And the strings would actually be more loose than a big scale. It's the same thing of pushing down the 12 fret and shortening the scale, it's a higher pitch.

Go for it, I don't think it's that bad of an idear. It might be fun to do also!