I have a squier strat
and like to play alternative, rock, punk and stuff like that.

I don't know much about pedals except how to use 'em. I don't know what the different effects mean though.
My opinion in the order of importance: Reverb, distortion, wah, flanger/phaser, EQ, compressor.
What amp do you have? What's your budget on effects?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I have an Ibanez GT10 DX amp.
As for a budget... I'm not really sure. It's just something I would like to try to save up for.
So, not a whole lot.

And thanks uldhppi
Sounds like you should get a distortion pedal. Either that or save up a bit for a new amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by uldhppi
My opinion in the order of importance: Reverb, distortion, wah, flanger/phaser, EQ, compressor.

I'd put delay in after wah, but that's a good list!
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
My first pedal was an Ibanez Smashbox, that thing is awesome. I still have it. I just stopped using it about a month ago after years of use because i got a Boss ME-50 and use the MT-2 distortion on that. When looking for a distortion pedal, I'm pretty picky about finding the right sound.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Custom(Alpine White)
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Peavey Valveking half stack
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50
-BC Rich Warlock Exotic w EMG 81

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
^it compresses your sound. they boost the quiet signals, and attenuate the loud signals. when you play a chord, without a compressor or any compressing, chords would be significantly louder compared to lead notes using single strings. compressor would boost the lead notes and attenuate the loud chords to be the same loudness.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard