can anyone give me some tips on writing "that bass line" that everyone just says "HOLY ****! THATS AWESOOOOOME!!" just some notes:

-We are a more edgy punk sound

-Motion City Soundtrack, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance but a little faster and heavy (kinda)

-mostly minor scales

-precision bass
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Quote by FunkRocker321
Jam bro, just jam.

what he said. just jam, and good things will come.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Quote by FunkRocker321
Jam bro, just jam.

Yes but you have to know how.

Build your basslines from CHORDS NOT SCALES unless you are imprvising jazz or something. Leanrn the major chord triads and arpeggios as well as the minor ones.
Learn some theory, find skills and techniques that work good for your music and be creative.

Listen to your influences and find how they help their music, then write some unique stuff that is original (a big help towards the 'woah' factor) and really takes the music to another level

If there is a secret, its creativity.
ok? but i ****in suck at chords
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Just play around with your bass, you'll end up having something cool eventually.
Quote by -February-Star-
Real bassists know about different techniques and are aware of the merits and applications of each.

Because we're the least ignorant, most hardworking and most talented musicians in the world. We also surpass all others in general awesomeness.
Quote by TheBassMan3
ok? but i ****in suck at chords

well it is an instrument, so you do have to learn things and all theory that applies with other instruments is still usable. Plus you dont need to know chords. Try things like scales, pentatonic scales, and even super basic things like octaves, fifths, chromatics.
Sometimes even the simple things help.