so i got a prestige at GC for almost half off because they've been on the floor so long. the guitar is almost perfect for me, it's just that i need better pickups...

i play metal, shred, hard rock, etc. i also like to get good cleans. i was thinking a dimebucker in the bridge and an evolution in the neck. any ideas?

btw, my guitar center has a dimebucker on labor day sale for $66. should i get it? they also have an evolution(bridge ) for $55.

Thanks.
Congratulations on your purchase. I haven't tried the pickups, but I've heard the Dimebucker is very muddy and it doesn't actually deserve to carry the name.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I wouldn't mess around with the Dimebucker, you'd just be wasting your time. A combo that I've found to work really well in Ibanez is D-Sonic in the bridge and Air Norton in the neck.
i'd avoid the dimebucker. also, i'd think the evo would be very bright in that guitar.

although it's mahogany, it's (the one i tried at least) quite bright sounding... is yours?

if so, that should allow you to narrow down pickups which'd sound good.

what kinda money are you talking? around duncan/dimarzio prices?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ah toshay i'd forgotten about that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, this is just future planning really, actually, since the sale ended, and i'm satisfied with my pickups for now.

my guitar is bright sounding, very. my prices are around dimarzio's, not more than $100 each.

for now my only "amp" is the podxtlive, which i play through headphones. i'm desperately looking around for something to play that isn't too loud but would actually take advantage of my pickup's abilities.
i really can't friggen decide on an amp.

i live with my parents and can't turn an amp up too loud, so i need something with headphones. obviously i'll need a SS amp...

what's a good SS amp? $500? cubes are great, i hear, but i'm sure there's better out there...
what's a good tube amp that can be played at bedroom volumes but can also be played at jam volumes, and is also basically just clean and i can add effects through pedals. any amp like that? sorry, i don't know crap about amps, especially tubes.

also, i don't like having a huge set of pedals, could i just use my podxt live as a compressor? don't know if anyone knows about that, thought i'd ask though.
Last edited by SomeDude49 at Sep 3, 2007,
Quote by SomeDude49
what's a good tube amp that can be played at bedroom volumes but can also be played at jam volumes, and is also basically just clean and i can add effects through pedals. any amp like that? sorry, i don't know crap about amps, especially tubes.

also, i don't like having a huge set of pedals, could i just use my podxt live as a compressor? don't know if anyone knows about that, thought i'd ask though.

At bedroom volumes, a 5 watt tube amp is pretty loud when cranked, and there aren't really any low cost ones that can do hard rock on their own. You could maybe jam with one, but a 15 watt would be recommended to get over drums.
I'd consider maybe a Crate V8 and a OD pedal, to get it to hard rock. What kinda bands do you listen to, and bands that have a tone you'd like to emulate?

You're in the US, right?
Yep, i'm in the us, but i like really heavy stuff like Necrophagist, Lamb of God, Death.

Should probly just go SS, huh?
i second the cube.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?