Lack of headstock makes this harder, but the bridge and twin outputs can't be common. Any help appreciated.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Why would it have two output jacks?
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

Member of CRM (Classic Rock Movement)
PM ZeppelinFan3890 for info or to join

+ =

Member of the UG Conservative Party. PM cagnius to join.
Stereo/mono outputs, a midi/normal are two I've seen.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
some sort of modified precision special with emg's?
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
^Why do you say EMGs?

The two outputs might indicate that it has piezo saddles in the bridge.
i think emg's because they usually dont have exposed pole pieces, but i suppose bartolini's don't either. the second jack (the one with the strat style plate" looks too big to be a 1/4in, maybe its got a built in DI?

that bridge does look big enough to accomodate piezo saddles and related equipment too.
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
Last edited by djsteiner at Sep 3, 2007,
it looks to be a bog standard p bass special thats been heavily modified
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
thats the p/u combo of a fender p deluxe, pretty versatile, but the knobs and switch dont look fendery, niether does the top (if you were playing it) cutaway
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Well, it has the body of a P-bass, but then it has a Jazz pickup and two jacks...I don't know.

A fender, though.
The.
Quote by skater dan0

That's what I was thinking.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by skater dan0

+1, But is that a Gotoh brigde?

And I think the outputs are XLR and 1/4"
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Is it just me or does that look like an XLR output?

Edit: Beaten to it.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Last edited by Forcemaster at Sep 5, 2007,
It has 22 frets. That's what makes me think it isn't a Fender. The only Fender I can think of off the top of my head with 22 is the MIA deluxe which has active electronics which this one does not. Then again it could be a Warmoth neck or something. So, in any case it is just a heavily modified P-bass model of some kind. It's not a P/J I think because there's only two knobs so especially if it was Fender it started out just P.
The upper horn looks odd for a Fender P style body. Too long and thin, unless it's a trick of the lens because of the angle.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
The upper horn looks odd for a Fender P style body. Too long and thin, unless it's a trick of the lens because of the angle.

Agreed, so we've pretty much decided its not a Fender. They wouldn't do creative things like this

Oh and sinan why do you want to know?
Quote by IndianRockStar
Agreed, so we've pretty much decided its not a Fender. They wouldn't do creative things like this

Haha, Faithful Fender, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Nothing wrong with that

Quote by Forcemaster
Is it just me or does that look like an XLR output?

Edit: Beaten to it.

Yeah. I'd hazard a guess at an extra XLR on the side, 1/4" jack, normal knobs for volume and tone and a three way pickup toggle. If there's a piezo in the bridge, there's no visible way to turn it on or off.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Ladies and gentlemen... ta-daaaah... the answer. P-bass plus. Early 90's, custom shop production run job. 22 frets, re-proportioned body, Lace Sensors, massively solid fine tuning bridge (possibly Schaller-made, but defo a special), and Tele type knurled chrome knobs. No EMG's, no Warmoth neck, most defo an MIA precision. Just as it left the factory.
The additional socket is IMO a photoshopped addition. I reckon it just looks a bit 'fuzzy' in the lo-fi image I've been looking at. If you really wanted an extra output, maybe for pickup splitting a la Ricky, or midi (tho no GK-2B is in evidence), or for a piezo bridge/saddles, or an XLR cannon (I've seen it done...) there's enough space beside the original socket. Why the hell put a Strat recessed socket in that's only gonna get in the way?
I should coco, I've got one. If you can be arsed to call up the "rate the bass of the person below you" thread from a few weeks ago ('cos I can't) you'll find some pics of it. Resplendent in special edition midnight blue metallic paint (not the same as the catalogue midnight blue) with a lovely saltire sticker on the scratchplate.
I thankyou...
you sir
FTW
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"