So my parents started making me take zoloft yesterday. I took a half of a pill. (i hadn't eaten and I never ever ever take drugs) and maybe an hour later I started having very painful chest tightening. It hurt so bad I was almost crying. I know this probably should be in the drug thread, but I took another pill a few minutes ago, so I need answers quick. Has anyone taken this drug and had similar reactions? If it happens again today should I contact my doctor, or is it just a common side effect for someone who never takes drugs?
Unless you WANT to die from heart failure, I suggest you tell you parents and go to the doctor immediately. You seriously could have heart failure from any Anti-Depression/Mood Altering substances. Tell them now!
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

Member of CRM (Classic Rock Movement)
PM ZeppelinFan3890 for info or to join

+ =

Member of the UG Conservative Party. PM cagnius to join.
Dont take it at all.

Tell them you take it but just flush the pills man.

Im being 100% serious they really **** your entire body and mind up.
Several of my friends are no longer the person they used to be after taking anti-depression drugs and mood stabilizers and crap

IMO they just give them to you to make up fake conditions and just leech money from you.

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!
Quote by MetzBlaze
Unless you WANT to die from heart failure, I suggest you tell you parents and go to the doctor immediately. You seriously could have heart failure from any Anti-Depression/Mood Altering substances. Tell them now!

He's fine, he had some compression occurring. He shouldn't take it anymore.
Quote by feedthenight
He's fine, he had some compression occurring. He shouldn't take it anymore.

Maybe, but he should tell his parents and talk to his doctor, just to be on the safe side.
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

+ =

You should already know the side effects / They should be stated clearly on the side of the bottle.
Esp Eclipse II VTB :i i fucking love her.
Gold and black on 1 guitar = succes
You might be allergic. I had an allergic reaction once and had the same kind of response in my chest. Though I was covered with hives at the same time too...

Consult a doctor, not the pit.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by Triquad
Dont take it at all.

Tell them you take it but just flush the pills man.

Im being 100% serious they really **** your entire body and mind up.
Several of my friends are no longer the person they used to be after taking anti-depression drugs and mood stabilizers and crap

IMO they just give them to you to make up fake conditions and just leech money from you.

I didn't want to take it. I'm very opposed to taking drugs, but I took it in exchange for getting my nose pierced.
**** pills. If you've got anxiety problems or something, try smoking a little bit of marijuana. Check out erowid.org
Kick your dad in the nuts as hard as you can while screaming at your mom "I WILL NOT TAKE THESE DEVIL PILLS!!!"

Then calmly talk to your doctor explaining how you do not wish to take Zoloft and how your parents are making you.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
I didn't want to take it. I'm very opposed to taking drugs, but I took it in exchange for getting my nose pierced.

WTTTTFFFF kind of exchange is that! ****ing bribery!
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

+ =

Quote by HeavenlyVirus

What?

You: "Mom can I get my nose pierced?"
Mom: "Ok but you have to start taking anti-depressants."
You: "Okay"

That has to be the strangest trade I have ever seen...
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by goods2006
What?

You: "Mom can I get my nose pierced?"
Mom: "Ok but you have to start taking anti-depressants."
You: "Okay"

That has to be the strangest trade I have ever seen...

Actually I've been asking for a long time and they always said no. So lately i've had awful depression and they wanted me to take drugs, but I refused and refused. So, they asked what they could do to make me take the drugs. I told them If they let me pierce my nose, I'd take them.
That is about the stupidest excuse that I have EVER heard to take Anti-Depressants.

Sig me.
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

+ =

See a doctor about that, because that is not normal.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Your parents shouldn't make you take drugs, especially if you haven't been diagnosed with anything wrong with you.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Jakeylee111
Your parents shouldn't make you take drugs, especially if you haven't been diagnosed with anything wrong with you.

I have. I have clinical depression and social anxiety. It's been diagnosed.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
I have. I have clinical depression and social anxiety. It's been diagnosed.

Then you need to go tell your doctor that you had a bad reaction to that drug and they will pescribe you another one...
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I say Don't take it. When they tell you to, say no. When it all boils down to it, if they're forcing you to take a drug you don't need, then they in fact are trying to kill you.
I got some good guitars, yo.
DUDE!!!

We learned about Zoloft in Stat AP like two days ago.

Placebos yield a greater amount of full recovery, but Zoloft has more overall effect. Natural herbs suck ass.

I'd tell your doctor.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
when I started on zoloft, I had really bad hallucinations, nausea, no hand-eye coordination.. the list goes on. it only lasted a week or so, and I was on a larger dose. when I was finally taken off of it, I attempted suicide.
I dunno man, I'm probably not the best one to give advice. I don't take medication for anything unless it's life threatening. I've never been vaccinated, and I haven't taken aspirin since I was a very little kid. I just figure it's best to solve problems on your own, you'll end up being a stronger person.
Quote by MakinLattes
if you try to solve Hep A on your own, you think you'll be better for it?

Actually, yes. Hepatitis A is a generally non-lethal disease (.4% death rate) that causes no permament damage. It's really almost the same as the flu. Once the afflicted is finished with the disease, the body naturally produces antibodies to immunize the person from further infection. If you're thinking of Hepatitis B, that's a different story. I would certainly get that fixed as is can lead to cirrhosis, a certainly fatal liver disease.

Anytime you put a vaccination in your body or medicate yourself, you are telling your immune system it doesn't have to work as hard, so it acts accordingly. You may be protected against whatever you got vaccinated against, but you are more susceptible to other disease now. I'd rather have a more well balanced immune system, personally.
I was hoping no one on right now actually knew what Hep A does.. damn, you've blown my cover! actually, I've never been vaccinated either. I wasn't allowed to go to school, so I just lied and said it was for "relgious reasons." the real reason is my mom's insane...
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
Well, It's tonight, and I'm fine. So I guess I'll keep taking them. Thanks for the advise, though.

Did a doctor prescribe the Zoloft for you? Or did your parents just tell you to take it?

If the first, then you should contact your doctor. I've taken various anti-d's and they all have different side-effects. It's important to discuss them with your doctor.

If the second, then I seriously advise you do not take any prescription meds without a doctor prescribing them. Actually if your parents have done this then they are possibly breaking the law.
Quote by MakinLattes
I was hoping no one on right now actually knew what Hep A does.. damn, you've blown my cover! actually, I've never been vaccinated either. I wasn't allowed to go to school, so I just lied and said it was for "relgious reasons." the real reason is my mom's insane...

Hahahaha, yeah, I always did the same. "My family's really religious." Haha.

I just know that I get sick way less than any of my friends who take all kinds of different medications and drugs and get vaccinated and so on and so forth. I'm literally never sick, unless I get food poisoning or something like that. (Seriously, I've been sick where I had to stay in bed and rest all day literally once in my life, and it only lasted a day. I'm not kidding.) Plus, I don't even think everyone should follow my lead, I'm just being selfish in a sort of way. If everyone else is vaccinated, then they don't have the disease, so I can't get it, plus I don't have to put **** in my body that I don't know the contents of. Hooray for playing the system.