Right now I have a Line 6 Spider II (yeah, yeah i know) but I'm looking for something else. Roughly the same size and wattage would be great, but it MUST be tube. Its mostly for bedroom practice, but I'm also planning to gig it, so 30 watt is kinda the minimum.

I play metal and shred, my current axe is an Ibanez RG if that helps any. Thanks.
Give a budget. As always, I suggest Peavey Windsor.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Whoops sorry. Budget is about £200-300.

In that case, Check out Laneys.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Epi valve jr?
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching
Epi valve jr?

For gigging, metal and shred? Probably not, unless TS has some kind of distortion and/or OD...
Laney LC30 is all I can think of really. Unless you can find a Randall RG50TC, or a used Laney VC50 somewhere.

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Laneys definetely.

Peavey Valveking is worth a try definetely.

The Randall RG50 isn't great, but it has a nice lead tone. There's better, though. It's awfully quiet for a 50 watt valve amp, and the clean tone is appaling. The distortion is kinda fuzzy, but it has loads of gain.
Quote by Don_Humpador
It's not tube. You said you wanted a tube amp! The Laneys Cort Noob recommended were the LC series and the VC series. Both are tube and fairly priced.

Damn. Well, i feel like a moron.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Damn. Well, i feel like a moron.

Hah, sorry

I would stay away from Valvekings too, the distortion on those always sounds over-trebly, fizzy and harsh (almost like an SS amp...odd.) to me.
Save up to $400-$500 and look for a used tube amp to your liking. You might want to buy a booster or OD pedal to go with it.
Well it looks like its going to be a Laney. I'm go down PMT this weekend and try some out, along with a couple of Peaveys maybe.
Quote by sg4ever
Save up to $400-$500 and look for a used tube amp to your liking. You might want to buy a booster or OD pedal to go with it.

Lols. £300 = $600. Americans...

If you go for either the VC or LC you will need a booster or OD.
I like the distortion on the Valveking for blues and classic rock but I couldn't recommend it for modern metal. The Laney's are a good choice.