Page 1 of 2
Join the club if you have a single coil pick up in either your bridge, neck, middle, or all of your pickups positions.

please no flaming, all you Humbucker users stay away you animals!!lol just kiddin' it all preference people...

so, if you wanna join, put """Im a Single Coil man.Pm to join the "Single Coil people" people club""" onto your sig, if you wish so
if you do not wish to change you sig, just say your in here in this lovely thread.

May the Single Coil be with you

PS:coil split/tap DOES NOT count ......noisless are frownd upon but will not be excluded from the club

EDIT: for those who are wondering, if you have two guitars, one with hums and one with single coils its allowed, and P-90 are also allowed

the sig colour is Dark Red

heres the URL for the group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/singlecoilpeople/
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Last edited by Joey-Tribiani at Sep 17, 2007,
I have one in the middle of my Yamaha (isn't really a great thing, but it's the pickup I use the most) and I'm getting a Fender Standard Strat soon, so...I'm in!
I got the noisless, but they will be replaced in good time What about P90's? I want to get one in my Mahago body
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Denthúl
P90s are single coils aren't they?

Yes Sirree. I want to know peoples opinions on them. Are they similar to standard single coils if I was to put one in the neck Positon?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
My humbuckers are comprised of two single coils, so they're twice as good, right?
(I've got a strat, too)
They have a fatter tone than regular single coils. Sort of half-way between a humbucker and a single coil. They're quite nice. I played a PRS SE Soapbar II a while back, and they were fun to play around with. Whilst I personally wouldn't equip my main guitar with them (I have to have that regular single coil sound) my next guitar probably will have a set (I might even get that Soapbar II).
what if one of your guitars uses all single coils?
but your other two use humbucks and emg's..
I only like singlecoils at the neck for that bluesy breakup sound. Anything else I like humbuckers for. But they have their merits.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
It just says if you have singlecoils somewhere. Doesn't say you can't have humbuckers as well. If it did, I'd be out
Quote by Joey-Tribiani
noisless are frownd upon but will not be excluded from the club

what's wrong w/ noiseless single coils?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
ppl who dont use single coils arent ppl at all.

so true
Joey, what's the color of the sig? I can't be bothered to try out the 1,000 versions of brown there.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

lol. then what are they classified as?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Quote by Don_Humpador
Joey, what's the color of the sig? I can't be bothered to try out the 1,000 versions of brown there.

Dark Red
Quote by Don_Humpador
Freaks. Or Slashists.

haha. FYI, a strat is on the way for me.
Umm...Joey-Tribiani? Do we get numbers?

And which positions are peoples' favourites? I really like the neck/middle combo on a Strat for clean tones, and the neck for distorted leads
A lot of newer players are discovering P90's. They are hotter and more mids than other single-coils, and are coveted by blues and classic rock players. They do have the same noise concerns as other single-coils but they are worth it. I don't have a P90 guitar yet but am considering an SG w/P90's. I played a couple and really like the bite and power.
I usually play on the single-coil neck pickup of my MIJ HSS. Blues and Hendrix.
i love the neck pup on my strat. to me, hearing it is bliss.

i would love to upgrade my stock strat pups to van zandt one of these days (although thats quite a ways from now)

btw, who do i PM to join?
^ aaahh. beautiful.

on a different note, i use the neck, neck-middle or sometimes the middle most of the time, depending on my mood when i play in church. but when playing alone, its almost exclusively the neck.
^+1 that is where my strat stays
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
what if i have a few guitars with single coils and a few with humbuckers? still counts i suppose, since i have more single coils than humbuckers if you add them together from all my guitars the fact i have 2 strats really helps bring up my single coil count. I also have a random single coil strat pickup lying around... possibly for a guitar build?

I prefer single coils tone overall i think. Humbuckers don't really let me get the slightly crispy-overdriven clean sound I like. I use humbuckers for more distorted tones.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

Siged, Biatch!
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

i like playing on the bridge single coil.....hit a bass string and damp all the others is just so...Funkey...
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

I'm in the process of modding my Strat - better grounding, new pots, new tone control ranges, baseplate on my bridge pickup and one of the funnest things you could ask for - a neck on switch that turns the neck pickup on regardless of selector switch position. I'm looking forward to getting Tele twang from my baseplate and using the new neck/bridge and neck/middle/bridge combos...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

I think Jimmy Page, Robert Fripp, Buckethead (if he counts as being human) and countless others would beg to differ.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by omarrodrigez
I think Jimmy Page, Robert Fripp, Buckethead (if he counts as being human) and countless others would beg to differ.

let than bag....ohhhhh yes....let them BEG!

siriusly tough, its all in good taste man, you know, just for sh!ts and giggles.dont take it so hard
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

In the process of changing the pickups in my MIM strat to Lace sensors. Blue for the neck, silver for middle and red for bridge. Why are noiseless frowned upon?
Quote by National_Anthem
In the process of changing the pickups in my MIM strat to Lace sensors. Blue for the neck, silver for middle and red for bridge. Why are noiseless frowned upon?

because they are not TRUE single coils.its the 60 cycle thing that makes single coils sound what they sound like......so ive heard.i might be wrong tough
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Quote by Joey-Tribiani
let than bag....ohhhhh yes....let them BEG!

siriusly tough, its all in good taste man, you know, just for sh!ts and giggles.dont take it so hard

That post was in a joking tone, sorry for not adding the appropriate smiley
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
I've got single coils on my tele, squier and in the neck and mid of my fender.

I think my mosrite has them as well...though they could be HB's...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Page 1 of 2