Hey guys.

After changing my mind about getting an electro-acoustic, I ended up getting my eyes on these guitars. I thought they sounded very nice.

I would basically like to know your opinions on these guitars. Personally, I like the look of the 750-S most, although I haven't had the chance to compare sound with the rest of it's posse. How much of a difference is there between all the different models? What have the higher end ones got the justify the larger asking price?

Also, how do these compare to the Yamaha LL6, which is another guitar I'm considering getting?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

(Also, suggestions for a good acoustic capo are welcome. )
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Well, I've got a FG-75, and it's a rather nice guitar. lower strings have trouble staying in-tune at times, but aside from that it's quite nice.

Hell, I got it for free, I'm not complaining.
Quote by Wulver
Well, I've got a FG-75, and it's a rather nice guitar. lower strings have trouble staying in-tune at times, but aside from that it's quite nice.

Hell, I got it for free, I'm not complaining.

Isn't that the parlour type sized one with 12th fret body join and very rounded shoulders?

Does it have a red label inside? If it does, does it say Nippon Gakki or not? All red labels are great guitars, and often regarded as Yamaha's best, but the Nippon Gakki red labels are the creme de la creme
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
I'm pretty sure it isn't a red labelled guitar Callum, although thanks for the fact.

Any more opinions?
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Hey MCN, I have a Yamaha FG750s, and feel that it sounds pretty good. No issues with it so far (though I've only had it a few months). I also have a FG735s which is like the 730s, but different finish and gold tuners (IMHO, it looks a bit better). They sound pretty close to one another, though the 750 seems a bit more even and brighter than the 735 which to me, seems a bit darker but fuller (almost 12 string sounding).

I actually bought the 750 first, then the 735 after, figuring I'd take them home where it was quiet and decide. I ended up keeping both as I couldn't decide which I liked more. Not sure what else you want to know, but they are solid guitars.
Hey, I have a Nippon Gakki FG-75, with red label. when do you think it was made? 70's? got it from my dad
Member #5 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.

PM forsaknazrael to join
Quote by Calum_Barrow
Isn't that the parlour type sized one with 12th fret body join and very rounded shoulders?

Does it have a red label inside? If it does, does it say Nippon Gakki or not? All red labels are great guitars, and often regarded as Yamaha's best, but the Nippon Gakki red labels are the creme de la creme

Yes to the round shoulders, but 14th fret body join. if by red label you mean the label inside the soundhole, then, uh, it's actually a sort of parchment-y color. It DOES say Nippon Gakki, though....

I do know it sounds absolutely wonderful. The neck is a bit warped, so I really only use it for slide stuff.......excellent sound, though.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Mine has a neck that meets the body at the 14th fret and has round shoulders, but it has a red label. the action is a little high, but not enough to be really hard to play. Sounds beautiful, i can't get enough of the small body size.
Member #5 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.

PM forsaknazrael to join
i've owned the FG700s and the FG750s. Here are my opinions:

FG700s - great guitar for the price. I mean for $200 you really are getting alot of guitar. Good construction, quality materials, loud volume. Tone leaves a little to be desired though but again, most bang for buck guitar out there at this moment.

FG750s - By far the guitar w/ the most bass. LOTS of umph on this bad boy and IMO, is the best looking guitar in the FG series. Again, loud volume etc. etc. So if you're looking for a guitar w/ bass, get this one.
I bought the FG750S back in December and I'm loving it. The action was low right out of the box, which was what I got at GC because there weren't any on the wall. I usually tune my guitar once every week, but haven't had to with the 750s because it stays in tune really well. Everything rings clearly and bright and provides a pretty loud sound with minimal strumming. The tunning pegs are the nicest thing on it.