Ok so I finished modding my DS-1 and have a few problems...

When Bypassed....
The ASE and Ultra Mod switch acts like a crunch clean switch. I can flip it when the pedal is bypassed and get a crunch sound and flip it the other way and get my normal clean sound.

While the pedal is on...
The LED works!!!!
The pots do nothing though.
When I flip the ASE Ultra switch I only get sound in the up position. When I flip the switch to use the other mod I get no sound.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Last edited by kurtlives91 at Sep 4, 2007,
open it back up and check ever solder you did. make sure nothing is touching the case, and that there is no short cicuiting.
yoyoyuyo

Guitars.........................Amp.................Pedals (getting new)
Ibanez S470................Laney VC15.....Boss DS-1 (it's bad)
PRS SE Soapbar II
Ibanez aw15 acoustic
umm..sounds like you wired it wrong. check your wireing. if everything looks alright look for bad conections and for wires touching things that it shouldnt be touching.
is the lead of the cap on the underside of the board shorting a circuit? put a piece of paper or sumtin between the board and the cap. thats what i had to do with my friend's DS1 mod, and it worked.

i don't think that's your problem though... do you know if the diodes are correct polarity?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
that's probably the only things i can think of... what else could cause the problem u adress?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
That's what I was thinking.

The circut bender is wired perfectly. All the new components are in the right place. It's probably a dodgy connection or some small thing I have over looked.