It's almost that time of year, kids.

Who is as stoked as I am?

I just saw this video and now I can't wait.

I'm also getting a bunch of new gear this year.

Sick.
With the subject of snow boarding what would it cost a beginner to start (just the board and bindings and such). Not top of the line but not dollar tree **** either.
ME!! I live in South Dakota so there's like only 1 decent place to board. Hopefully it'll start snowing in October and they'll open up by Thanksgiving. Maybe they'll make the halfpipe sooner too and have a decent terrain park. I'm getting my season pass pretty soon since they sell for like half price if you get them early!!!
Peepee on yo tittays
Quote by --ARES--
With the subject of snow boarding what would it cost a beginner to start (just the board and bindings and such). Not top of the line but not dollar tree **** either.

I'd say with a halfways decent board, boots, and bindings, you'd probably wanna pay atleast 350 for it all. I'd check ebay because sometimes they have pretty good deals for slightly used gear. I've heard good things about Lamar boards. They have pretty cheap packages on ebay I think.

EDIT: I meant $250
Peepee on yo tittays
Last edited by misty_b at Sep 3, 2007,
Also this may sound stupid but is everything interchangeable so say I break something just about any kind of that part can replace it?
Quote by --ARES--
Also this may sound stupid but is everything interchangeable so say I break something just about any kind of that part can replace it?

Like if you break your bindings or something? Yeah pretty much all bindings work for about all boards. If you get decent quality stuff though, you shouldn't have to worry about breakage.
Peepee on yo tittays
Just putting it out there, but when buying boots, try every boot on, regardless of price, and buy the one that fits best.
A size 9 in one boot won't fit the same as a size 9 in another.
Quote by misty_b
Like if you break your bindings or something? Yeah pretty much all bindings work for about all boards. If you get decent quality stuff though, you shouldn't have to worry about breakage.

Not true, I've snapped countless boards, and trashed bindings and boots.
I was expecting some cool gloves in that video.

What a disapointment.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
I can't wait for this season. Since I snapped my arm in two places back in January, I need to make up for lost time. All I really need to get this year are new bindings, and a new board, that is if I can find an Atomic dealer round these parts. I have fallen in love with the Alibi.
Quote by tylerishot
Just putting it out there, but when buying boots, try every boot on, regardless of price, and buy the one that fits best.
A size 9 in one boot won't fit the same as a size 9 in another.

Not true, I've snapped countless boards, and trashed bindings and boots.

Well I mean if he's a beginner, he probably won't have to worry about breaking anything right off.
Peepee on yo tittays
yeee im pumped to get my burton out on the hills
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Quote by jeff541
yeee im pumped to get my burton out on the hills

What board do you have?
I'm getting the 08 Burton Uninc and the 08 Endeavor Colour.

Quote by Jesse Mrau
I can't wait for this season. Since I snapped my arm in two places back in January, I need to make up for lost time. All I really need to get this year are new bindings, and a new board, that is if I can find an Atomic dealer round these parts. I have fallen in love with the Alibi.

Supporting a ski company?
guess whos getting new burton gear?
im stokeder than stoked.
Le Parkour.

Any fellow Traceurs PM me!
Quote by xmattyx
guess whos getting new burton gear?
im stokeder than stoked.

My level of stoke is quite stoked, also.
Quote by tylerishot
What board do you have?

They make wicked snowboards. And the Atomic Alibi is one of the best snowbaords ever made. It's won Transworld Snowboarding Good Wood more than any other board in history. So I don't really mind that I'm supporting a ski brand, seeing as how their product is very well crafted.
cant wait to get out there, bustin out a new burton seven should be a sick ass ride down the mountain... now if it would just snow already
I love snowboarding, but unfortunately I only get the chance to do it for about 3 days per year at an indoor centre where we go on holiday. It's not massive, but it's real snow and there's a jump or two and some portable rails, they used to have moguls up until this year.

The nearest centre to me is about 2 hours away, and as I've still not got a full driving license, I can't get there. And can't really afford it either, .

I'm hoping to go to university in Scotland though (not till next year, mind), preferably near some of the real slopes and also near some of the dry ones.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by tylerishot
What board do you have?

burton blunt board
burton freestyle bindings
burton tribute boots

i was low on bank....hah
last.fm
dont go out and buy a cheap boot cause theyll be cold and uncomfortable as hell. the boot is what you want to get best quality. get the best quality boot you can afford. burton ones are good, theyre what i prefer.
last.fm
i Live in Arizona.

=[
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
I went snowboarding in New Zealand with school last year... it was a bloody awesome experience... i wanna get back into it..

anyway this is a video of me stacking... watch it for teh lulz!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=B3TFTJ9MSdQ
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
I went on a school ski trip last year but I was skiing as opposed to 'boarding. I loved it but I'd like to try snowboarding as well. How easy is Snowboarding to pick up in comparison to skiing?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
WOOOOOO!! Going on the school ski trip in 3 weeks. 5 days of snowboarding!! It'll be my first time tho.
Co-President of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Me, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.
snowboarding took me a year to learn how to like carve well. and to the guy who posted a video...your brutal hhaha
last.fm
Quote by StreetLight3989
I can't wait. Any recomendations for good overall boots because I'm getting new boots this season.

I've got last year's Burton Boxers, pretty comfortable but are low-profile. They have a footprint one size smaller than normal, but with less padding/insulation.

I'd recommend Burton Sabbaths. Super comfy.
I'm getting so pumped for snowboarding. They made the whole south peak at Mountain Creek a park so that's going to be awesome. I also get to go up to Vermont like three times because family lives there. I usally go to Mount Snow in when I'm in Vermont but I also want to try Killington and Startton because they're real close to where I stay in Vermont.

Quote by Cal UK
I went on a school ski trip last year but I was skiing as opposed to 'boarding. I loved it but I'd like to try snowboarding as well. How easy is Snowboarding to pick up in comparison to skiing?

Boarding is a little harder to pick up at first. After your first two or three times your ass will absolutely kill but after that you can progress much faster then skiing. I've been skiing my whole life and Snowboarding for half a year and I'm already better at boarding then I am at skiing.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Oct 4, 2007,