Turning 19 tomorrow, but I'm not exactly thrilled. Over the last years, I started to dislike my birthday. I'm in my senior year, have lots of friends and I get enough respect from my fellow local guitar players. But my birthday is that day on which I look back and see how empty my life is. It seems like another wasted year but everyone is so happy for you and telling you how great it is you're a year older than you were last year. I always get these sad feeling a few days before the day. And if I feel good, something seems to happen to remind me.

Does anyone else have these feelings?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I'd rather get younger than older
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
im turning 16 tomorow 4th of september <3 im just so excited, im finaly old enough to drive a scooter :P
Esp Eclipse II VTB :i i fucking love her.
Gold and black on 1 guitar = succes
Im still at the age that I like my birthdays. Maybe you should try to instead of looking in your 'empty past', make plans for the future, how you can change it.

alvast gefeliciteerd trouwens
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Yeah.

It's a case of people saying "Oh wow you're a year older!" yet tommorow you'll be a day older, day after that, 2 days older etc and no-one gives a damn about that.
Funny words.
i want to be 18-21 and stay that way. Mad fun. im 16 now i wish i could go back in my life and change many things.
RIP Kurt Cobain 1967-1994

Guitar Gear:
Squier Jagmaster (killswitch, dimarzio super dist. &tone zone pups)
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Im only 15... and I think those thoughts everday. I'm ahead of all you bitches in depression!!!!!!
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Having birthdays beats the alternative.
My grandmother turns 100 today. That's like wow. I can't even imagine.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
yeah my birthdays on the 6th and well... to me its really an excuse to get my parents to help me fund my new guitar :-P thats it.. for me its well.. another year older.. so what?
Drink drowns out the sorrow of growing older. And i'm only 15 for christs sake!
Originally Posted by Kensai
Thx keine_lust, I probably would've missed the chili's if it wasn't for you

SCARECROW of UG's Gotham City
I get the same feeling. When I turned 18 all I thought about was how that was almost 20. And if I live to be 80, 25% of my life's already over with. Then I thought about what I had done in those 25% and realized that it really wasn't a lot.
Quote by Green_Jelly
Turning 19 tomorrow, but I'm not exactly thrilled. Over the last years, I started to dislike my birthday. I'm in my senior year, have lots of friends and I get enough respect from my fellow local guitar players. But my birthday is that day on which I look back and see how empty my life is. It seems like another wasted year but everyone is so happy for you and telling you how great it is you're a year older than you were last year. I always get these sad feeling a few days before the day. And if I feel good, something seems to happen to remind me.

wtf how??? ur gonna be 19... and ur gonna be a senior??? wtf wtf wtf???

... i'm still 17 and im going to college...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't regret his life with each passing year?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
turnin 16 isn't all that great, i feel the exact same, now turnin 18 is something cause you can legally DRINK! not that that stops me doin it now of course.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Well, the tradition of celebrating birthdays comes all the way back to when death was very likely in human life and getting to live a whole year WAS a huge achievement, so don't worry about how you feel you've lived your life, worry about making sure that from now on you live the way you want to live and don't make a big deal about it if you don't want to
*sigh*

I think it has everything to do with the fact no girl has ever loved me. I have a caring family and lots of good friends but I just feel so damn lonely. And tomorrow everyone will be like "zomg, it's your birthday, how awsumz" *shaking hands* *kissing* *smiling*. I'd rather stay in bed the entire day and sleep through it and forget I lived another year of loneliness.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Lendorav
I like birthdays. There's cake and stuff.

it would be better if i can get money and birthday gifts and stuff.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Well I kinda feel that way myself but to be fair there's not a whole lot you can do differently or uniquely from everyone else in your early years.
I'm 15 btw
I like birthdays ... money for new gear.

Playing guitar is NOT a sport.

Let the RABBITS wear GLASSES
]
Quote by Green_Jelly
*sigh*

I think it has everything to do with the fact no girl has ever loved me. I have a caring family and lots of good friends but I just feel so damn lonely. And tomorrow everyone will be like "zomg, it's your birthday, how awsumz" *shaking hands* *kissing* *smiling*. I'd rather stay in bed the entire day and sleep through it and forget I lived another year of loneliness.

lmao you have enough time to find a girl that "loves" you. haha whats so lonely about your birthday
just be glad your living to see yet another day, and that your not one of those kids who dont have parents or friends out on the streets that probably dont even know when their birthday is. im sorry if im comming of harsh because i dont mean to be, but it seems like your taking your life for granted, and what you have isnt enough to make your happy, i dontthink that by the time your 19 you have to have accomplished anything great, its later on after universtiy that really counts you have time dude. im probably wrong though
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by Green_Jelly

Same thing. I realize that people will get me presents and I feel like I don't deserve them.
My 21st is next monday. Its not really any different than most other birthdays since I dont' drink (no I'm not straight edge, I'm just not into drinking).
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
I'm 16 on October 7th, I don't look forward to birthdays like i used to, they just seem like another day.
Having a birthday when you can hang out with people that you want to would be cool, but being born on December 24th means that you get to spend the day with family doing nothing special. Getting older doesn't really have any value unless you are turning one of those ages when you are able to do something new, i.e. 16, 18, 21 and 65.
The first day when I was conceived
Was also the first day I started to die
One morning I woke up
I realized 10 years had gone behind me
Didn't know where I had been
But I could still breathe
I saw the colourful candles
The funky hat they made me to wear
With people surrounded
Yet I didn't hear a thing
Meditating my past
I had led a life without surprises
Emotionally isolated
And I was still here
Happy birthday?
No such thing
peanuts and beers
i started getting these feelings like...a year ago ish when i turned 14...it's kinda just like, whoopti-do. i'm 14. what now
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
As long as I have more fun than I did on my 21st, I'm happy.
But I spent that in hospital, and the day began with a(failed) attempt to drain an abcess on my pancreas, by shoving a drain tube between my ribs, and finished with me getting a foot long incision opened just under my ribs to get the bastard thing(a lot of fuss for a little under 1/2 a pint of pus and my gallbladder, but I'm not a surgeon, so what do I know).
I suppose at least I did manage to wind up unconcious from drugs, but there are far easier ways to go about it.