i am looking for an overdrive pedal, that will suit all my styles of playing.

i play most genres, classical up to jazz and blues up to rock and metal.
my gear is list below.

price isn't really an issue
i have £260 but will save up more if needed (don't really want to spend over £200)

thanx in advance
yoyoyuyo

Guitars.........................Amp.................Pedals (getting new)
Ibanez S470................Laney VC15.....Boss DS-1 (it's bad)
PRS SE Soapbar II
Ibanez aw15 acoustic
260 euro? thats what, like 355 usd? go for a fulltone OCD and a fulltone fulldrive 2. thats your best bet, get both though
errrm.

£260

= $524
or
= 383euro

as for a peddal, uhh, check out some of the Maxon OD pedals or perhaps a tube screamer.
I agree with the Fulltone's. They make great stuff. They are a little pricey, but the quality is superb.

EDIT: Btw, EC, I PM'ed you.
Ben
Last edited by muffinman123192 at Sep 3, 2007,
damn u got a big fat budget. go pick up an OCD and see what u think.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
With that budget I would look into Zvex on ebay, analogman king of tone, zen drive, Cochrane Tim. It depends what kind of sound you want from it though. I am pretty sure those are all under 400 USD...
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Some form of tubescreamer, and if you really want to, set Robert Keeley loose on it. Then it truely will be the ultimate overdrive.
with that amount of money, i'd hit denmark street, they have a good selection of pedals. don't buy there, though!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
OCD's are $200 on Guitar Center o_O.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
You can do better than fulltone at that price... I don't know what you're able to try over in the UK, but the Analogman King of Tone, Lovepedal Eternity or BBB 07, Zendrive, Tim/Timmy, BJF/ Mad Professor or Zvex Box of Rock would be places to start- though if you are thinking of spending that much on effects, you might want to look for a different amp as well.
Last edited by Roc8995 at Sep 3, 2007,
lovepedal eternity or zendrive if you can find one
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
Stop suggesting Fulltone, there good, but there are so much better for the budget TS has given.

its like the new bandwagon scene to reccomend and praise the OCD.

Zendrive would be great. check out the Tim and Timmy. How much do Klon's go for? those are considered to be THE overdrive pedal.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
Stop suggesting Fulltone, there good, but there are so much better for the budget TS has given.

its like the new bandwagon scene to reccomend and praise the OCD.

Zendrive would be great. check out the Tim and Timmy. How much do Klon's go for? those are considered to be THE overdrive pedal.

I've been noticing that too...

And I think I'm the one to blame here...along with the Orange craze, as well.

I can't say if the zenn or any other OD pedal in the upper-price range would be considered "better" considering I haven't tried them out yet, but for your budget, it's definitely worth a shot.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Dave_Mc
with that amount of money, i'd hit denmark street, they have a good selection of pedals. don't buy there, though!

I agree, there's a shop there called "London Pedal Co." and it has loads of stuff, boutique and everything. There's also a really cheap store that sells some great pedals, but you have a giant budget.

Why not buy from there though? Is it because of the better online prices or...
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
prbly higher pricez.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by add45
I agree, there's a shop there called "London Pedal Co." and it has loads of stuff, boutique and everything. There's also a really cheap store that sells some great pedals, but you have a giant budget.

Why not buy from there though? Is it because of the better online prices or...

I suppose the TS could always just ask them if he could get the pedal for internet prices, they might consider lowering the price, seeing as they'd have an, albeit happy, customer.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Ohh, what about those VOX/Cooltron pedals? I don't know if they're any good. They go for like $250 or something. Has anyone tried one?
Ben
the prices are generally crazy on denmark street, though vintage and rare is ok (they have great selection of pedals too, including klon). I know one of the denmark street shops quoted me something like £300 for an HBE big D. The list price is £165. Cheapos.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the prices are generally crazy on denmark street, though vintage and rare is ok (they have great selection of pedals too, including klon). I know one of the denmark street shops quoted me something like £300 for an HBE big D. The list price is £165. Cheapos.

I found Vintage and Rare one of the most expensive
There's a store, Wunjo Guitars, they have a small collection of pedals for sale, mostly vintage, and they're really good prices.

Either way though, I understand what you mean
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
^ to be fair, maybe it was just the pedals i was looking at.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fulltone are overpriced in Europe, aren't they?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Jinskee

I can't say if the zenn or any other OD pedal in the upper-price range would be considered "better" ...

They are
BB preamp maybe?
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Quote by Roc8995
They are

Screw you.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Does noone like the ToneBone? Can't remember if it was the Classic or the hot British I tried, but it was very very nice..
Last edited by Nolly at Sep 3, 2007,
Quote by sgtpeppers
i am looking for an overdrive pedal, that will suit all my styles of playing.

i play most genres, classical up to jazz and blues up to rock and metal.
my gear is list below.

price isn't really an issue
i have £260 but will save up more if needed (don't really want to spend over £200)

thanx in advance

For that kind of money you could have really really nice boutique pedal built for you, it'd take some time but god damn...boutique pedal *drool*
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Fulltone are overpriced in Europe, aren't they?

hah! what isn't!?

but yeah, probably.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
hah! what isn't!?

but yeah, probably.

Cornford?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
haha, maybe. they're still pretty dear though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, I tried 2 new overdrives (for me...) out yesterday, the Xotic AC booster, and the ZVex Box Of Rock.
The ZVex impressed me more so, and the sound really fattened/smoothed up with the boost engaged. Sounded good on the red channel, then great with the yellow engaged. You can also use the boost channel without having the red one on too, so it's a pretty decent pedal!
The Xotic was good, but didn't impress me too much, got a bit muddy with the gain high.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30