How do you deal with fear and commitment when trying new things. I was just wondering because I have a tendency to screw up the most easiest tricks there are and really **** myself up on them.

For example I was ollieing over a curb and this is really easy. So I jump and i jump over my board i guess and I land on the nose of my board. This makes my board pop up right up into my crack really hard. haha

Now I **** myself over any little thing I do. So how do you deal with fear?
Be sure to wear full safety gear.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
it's all about confidence. if you think your gonna fail , guess what. chances are, you are going to fail. you just gotta throw caution to the wind and just do it.
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Ask Jesus to help you. If you get no response - he hates you.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Break a few bones, then you learn from your mistakes.
Unless you really suck, then you'll just continue to break things.
It's inevitable to suck sometimes, just keep trying.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
if you're reeeeeeeally worried, get an elaborate harness set up, so should something go wrong, you can't fall over.
Alright then I'll throw caution to the wind...

If I crack my brain open and die instantaneously it will be on your guys' conscience

Quote by teegman
Just go for broke man.

Pain is temporary, awesomeness is forever.

^^^ WRONG.
It's:

"Pain is temporary, skateboarding is forever."
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
worst thing that happened to me was, i was trying to learn how to kickflip (in my early days) and when i landed i slammed my foot and the tail and it jack-knifed me in the dangle-buddies. mind you at this time in my life, my board was longer than my legs so i was kinda suspended...ouch
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
stop being a pussy like most boarders and go for it
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Well I've been skating for 7 years now, and let me tell you one thing I've learned: "Don't give a f*ck." As long as you follow that, you'll learn new tricks and further your skills and whatnot.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Really you just gotta overcome your fear, say in you head you can do it over and over again and visualize what you are going to do.

I had a gigantic fear of dropping in on a half-pipe, I just said i could do it over and over again, fell about 10 times but now i have no problem.

And wear a helmet, it has saved me many times
Yeah it's always hard to cross that line, you know when you roll up to a ledge or something but you just can't find that click to make you ollie onto it, that's always the hardest part, once you go for it you usually get it first try. It's just facing your fears that's all
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
hahahahaha,
everyone loves watchin people get credit carded!

my advice, do it with friends around(skating friends), then no one really cares as its happened to everyone, i find i skate better with friends as we push each other.