GC is selling a Schecer C-1 Classic for $350. I'm guessing that is a good deal.

The thing is, this classic has 3 knobs, instead of 2 knobs that are seen on musiciansfriends.

I assume this is an older classic, at least before 2003. I'm wondering:

1. Do the old classics come with the seymour duncan pickups, or duncan designed?
2. What are the biggest difference between these two different time eras?
idk, ask the people at guitar center. But dude, 350 is a sweet deal, i got mine for 700. Take it quick before someone else takes it, and you can always return it if you dont like it.
well the seymour duncans and the duncan designed have basically the same features... but the SD's have more of a bluesy sound and the duncan designed are more versatile but it will be a good buy either way... i think it also could maybe be a c-1+ to tell you the truth.. look at it again but if it is a c-1+ then it is duncan designed.

but still buy it!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
it's a c-1 classic due to the inlays (vines of life or something like that).

I'm debating this and a fender thinline.

so either SD pickups or P90's.... I can't choose
the c-1 + is also avialable with the vine of life inlay.. i would double check the tag.... go for the SD's!!! i own a schecter c-1 classic and i love the jb's i've got. i am going to get another schecter(hopefully) and put some SD invaders in it or the new strat that i am going to get!!! yeah.... any other questions?
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Its one of the original classics. Seriously if you really want it buy it now. I have been looking for one of those for the longest.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Quote by SchecterFreak
well the seymour duncans and the duncan designed have basically the same features... but the SD's have more of a bluesy sound and the duncan designed are more versatile but it will be a good buy either way

the same features? they are pick ups. pick ups only do one thing. send the sound to your amp. and the real difference between seymour duncans and duncan designed is that the duncan designed pups are the "2nd line" and not made by seymour duncan. think of it as the same thing as how squire is fender's 2nd line.

edit: now that i re-read your post...I assume that you are talking about the SD vs. the DD versions of the guitar?
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Last edited by elchico04 at Sep 3, 2007,
I would also check on the fact that there are sites that still use old pictures.When I bought mine the picture had 3 knobs and when I got it it had 2.I would just check to be sure.Anyways,its a great guitar,I love mine

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Fostex MR8HD multitrack recorder
The picture is of the actual guitar and I will see it before I buy it.

Problem now is that the two guitars I always wanted...are available for the same price.....

It's sooo hard to choose. I love the look and the feel of the schecter. I played one like 3 years ago and I knew it was the guitar I wanted. But I also love the fender thinline tc, especially the semi-hollow body. I have a les paul and it's putting strain on my shoulder.

Pretty much the only differences I'm looking at are the pickups.

But does anyone know the quality/function differences of the old 3 knob classic and theh new 2 knob classic?
the old one has a coil tap nob that also increases the tone
i have the new two knob one.... it's just a volume and tone knob
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
The old one is 59 neck, JB bridge with a volume and 2 tones.
The new one is Jazz neck, JB bridge, with a volume and one tone.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
The old one is 59 neck, JB bridge with a volume and 2 tones.
The new one is Jazz neck, JB bridge, with a volume and one tone.

Can you explain the differences between the two necks?
Quote by ekorazn
Can you explain the differences between the two necks?

He means the pickups in the neck position. Old one had a '59 pickup in the neck position and the new one has a jazz in the neck position.

Unless you're specifically asking about the pickups?
Oh, I see.

What is meant by a '59 pickup? More like, what's the difference in sound between the two pickups