how much are cabinets usually.
2nd member of the "Rock and Roll will never die but if it does,
I'm sure as hell going to bring it back
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
depends on brands, speakers, etc.

avatarspeakers.com has good quality cabs for pretty cheap. but check local stores, pawn shops. are you looking for a 2 12 or a 4 12?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
um, could you fill me in on what those numbers mean, im getting a half stack but i know nothing about cabs.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
first number is how many, next number is how big, example: 2 x 12 means two twelve " speakers. 4 x 12 means four of them.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
the first number is how many speakers there are in the cab ond the second number is how many inches in diameter the speakers are.
edit:nevermind
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
oo ok. well im not sure how many speakers i would need in the cab, how do i tell.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
You can get a crappy 412 for as low as $250 or an awesome 212 for as much as $1000. Again you can get a crappy 212 for as low as $150 or an awesome 412 for as much as $1200. I generally recommend against 412's as they're almost always unnecessary and generally cause more back pain than 212's. Also most high end ported 212's can put out the same amount of volume as a sealed 412.

For the budget conscious look into Avatar cabs. They're very hard to beat for the money you pay. But if you want something a little more high end, consider that the Genz Benz G-Flex 212 will give you every bit of the thump that a closed back Marshall 1960 412 will at a similar price point while being much more portable and weighing 30 pounds less.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
um looking at those avatar cabs, whats better for playing metal through a randal rh150, the vinatge cabs or traditional one, and im ona tight budget, so ill be getting the cheapest one.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
Quote by super_dude101
um looking at those avatar cabs, whats better for playing metal through a randal rh150, the vinatge cabs or traditional one, and im ona tight budget, so ill be getting the cheapest one.

Closed back traditional with Hellatone 60's.
thanks
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
sorry for the double post, but what cabinet of thiers has those speakers, and it says only 60 w, so should i get a cab with two of them?
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
yea...2 x 12 > 4 x 12 any day

imo.

i think you can just pick out the cabinet then load it with whatever speakers you want
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
ooo i understand now! i buy the cabinet, but theres nothing in it, so i have to put hte speakers in myself?

sorry if im being really stupid, but this cabinet stuff confuses me, ive been used to combos for so long.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
Last edited by super_dude101 at Sep 3, 2007,
Avatar has a list of available speakers that they will install in their cabs. The price you pay for the cab includes the speakers and installation. The only time it's more is if you select some of the really expensive speakers (which the Hellatones are not). Don't click on the specials, click on the G12H Customs.