Hi all,

I was just wondering, how do you intonate your typical acoustic guitar?

Cheers,

Predator182
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Chavette by Charvel guitar (HSS)
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard
You dont, it should be set right when you get it.

Is there something wrong with yours?
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Thanks,

I haven't got one. I am thinking of getting one and after looking at the bridges on most, I wondered how the intonation could be set.

I have played a friends acoustic a few times and it has never been intonated right.

Chords always sound slighty out, after the guitar has been tuned correctly.

So I was wondering how to fix it?

Predator182
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Chavette by Charvel guitar (HSS)
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard
If its not right then its most likely to be old strings (it gets really bad if the strings are rusty, the same thing happens with electic guitars) or just the poor quality of the guitar (always check the intonation of an acoustic before you buy one).

You can get a compensating saddle for the G string but thats about as far as you can go if its not right out of the factory tbh.
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Quote by Predator 182

I have played a friends acoustic a few times and it has never been intonated right.

Chords always sound slighty out, after the guitar has been tuned correctly.

Thats because the companies want the guitars to sound good new so they forget about what it will sound like when it's a year or 2 old. As an acoustic guitar get played in and has time to settle the guitar will start to go sharp when you fret notes. If companies would intonate the guitar just a little bit flat then when the guitar gets played in then it would be just right but if the companies did this then nobody would buy their guitars. So the way it stands, if you want perfect intonation you have to reshape the saddle (which usually means you need a new one) to get the guitar to sound right.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Thats because the companies want the guitars to sound good new so they forget about what it will sound like when it's a year or 2 old. As an acoustic guitar get played in and has time to settle the guitar will start to go sharp when you fret notes. If companies would intonate the guitar just a little bit flat then when the guitar gets played in then it would be just right but if the companies did this then nobody would buy their guitars. So the way it stands, if you want perfect intonation you have to reshape the saddle (which usually means you need a new one) to get the guitar to sound right.

Thats really not fun at all. Epsecially if you have a piezo pickup to worry about too.
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH