uh.. leave the strings you have on it, on it.. and ur what pro? dude just tune it down
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
well i have an ibanez rg1570 and i have 9's and there fine (mines blocked cause of the floating bridge
My gear:
Line 6 spider 2 75 watts
ibanez rg 570
fender hss hwy 1 stratocaster
washburn acoustic
Quote by p o e
uh.. leave the strings you have on it, on it.. and ur what pro? dude just tune it down

this man has obviously no idea whatsoever.

i have the exact same guitar, and youre gonna have to put a higher string guage, more like 10 and 11 then 12, and have to adjuse the trem again
just take it to a shop, and theyll do it for you.
I play my LP in C with 11 ZW Boomers, you will probably want 10 or 11 on your guitar. Take it to a shop if you don't know how to set up an floyd style bridge though, it will save a lot of hassle for you, but I'd say watch them so you know what to do in the future
Quote by cheames
10-52?

+1

Thats what I use and they are great for Drop C

Tried 11's but hated them.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I tried 10s in drop C but my tone just didn't have that extra "umph" to it. If I were you I'd get 11s or 12 but hell that's just me.
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
You will have to set up again the whole guitar to tune it to that. Yeah get heavy strings.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Since that guitar has a longer scale I'd go with 10's. If you feel those are lacking step up to 11's. Like everyone else sais you'd just have to reset your trem again for the new tuning and difference in string tension.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
For drop C?

Dude, that's like 15's. I use 11's for standard.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
You dont need 15's for Drop C, unless you like em that way of course. 10-52 are what i used to use in that tuning, just ensure that the tension stays equal in the trem system.