hi, just wondering if DR are the only string makers who pre-stretch their strings?

also does the fact that they pre-stretched them mean i don't have to spend time doing once i have fitted them? thanks
It's probably more important that you have a string you enjoy the feel and tone of. I think there are quite a few brands that pre-stretch them.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by soccerdude3465
It's probably more important that you have a string you enjoy the feel and tone of. I think there are quite a few brands that pre-stretch them.

Yeah DR along with possibly Picato are my favourite brand so far. just wondered if other brands pre-stretched. i am looking to save myself some time setting up new strings on my ibanez s470
ive heard about stretching strings before.
1.what is the point?
2.how?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by marvelboy_04
1.what is the point?
2.how?

You just stretch them after putting them on your guitar. Also, they get broken in so your guitar won't get out of tune as much.

Pre-stretched strings?

Sounds fishy.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by marvelboy_04
1.what is the point?
2.how?

If your strings aren't stretched out, they will constantly go out of tune when you put them on.

To stretch them out waht I do is tune it to how high the next string should be and pull on it with my finger for a while until it stays in tune with playing.
Hmmm.......it always takes me about twice as long to break in DR strings as compared to anything else. I do love their tone though.

I'm using some Framus strings right now that required virtually no break in period. The low E dropped a few cents out of tune after five minutes and that was it.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
i pull the string away from the body then tune it up, the higher i tune the more it gets stretched. it rarely goes out of tune after doing that.