I'm in a band with one of my best friends, right..

But I don't wanna be in it anymore.. It's not really my thing and I haven't really been enjoying it.. And at rehearsals.. They ask me "How do you think of the band then?" and I always give a positive response cos I don't wanna say "It's ****"

I don't wanna be in a band playing that kinda music cos basically.. I don't really enjoy that kind of music anymore.

I'm fine with leaving a band, I've done it a few times before (I get invited into a lot bands and I just can't say no) but being one of my best friends I don't wanna have a crap reaction cos he'll pretty much explode...

I haven't got a clue what to do :/
Say "Hey, im really sorry, but im not happy being in the band. Its not you guys coz i really wanna be friends with you still, its just that i dont want to play this type of music anymore. Good luck with the band guys, im sorry. Now, if you could just stick it in here, we can be done with it..."
say you don't want to be in the band anymore?

I fail to see why it should be so hard...
That's what you get for lying. You don't need to say "it's ****" just like that, it's quite simply just saying it's not exactly your kind of style.
I'm a communist. Really.
just tell your friend you don't want to be in his band anymore. just say it's nothing personal but i'd rather be in a band that helps me excel in my musicianship and I quit.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Just kill them all and devour their remains. It will be the ultimate solution.

But really, you need to sit down with them and have a talk. Tell them you're not enjoying playing music with the band anymore, and you don't want it to affect your friendship, but you'd rather be playing solo.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by minibrowny
Say "Hey, im really sorry, but im not happy being in the band. Its not you guys coz i really wanna be friends with you still, its just that i dont want to play this type of music anymore. Good luck with the band guys, im sorry. Now, if you could just stick it in here, we can be done with it..."

Just say that you dont want to be in his band...........if he's a friend he'll understand.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

Quote by tobysaurus
say you don't want to be in the band anymore?

I fail to see why it should be so hard...

I don't see why it's so hard to quit this one other than my REALLY ****ty bands..

It's a little confusing really.
"Hey guys, I'm moving to France, see ya!"
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Creative differences.

Say they are going towards one style, but you'd rather play another. If anything, you might not have to leave the band, the band might change to accomodate you.

Tell them that they're cool and whatever, but you'd be more comfortable playing other stuff.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
"THats it, i hate you all, every single one of you is fired from this band, and i quit too, thats it, this is the end of the band and any other band you try and be in. Now, if you could just stick it in..."
oh god I can't believe I actually thought that metal rich was going to france himself there. I need to go to bed.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
you dont have to quit being their friend also. just say the band isnt working and leave. that shouldnt ruin your friendship unless they are horrible friends.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
If they're your friends, they'll understand.

Just tell them the band isn't right for you at the moment or you don't have the time or the enthusiasm to commit to a band at the moment.
List of Steps:
1)Tell them you don't want to be in the band.
2)Help them find a replacement for you
3)Stay in the band temporarily and rehearse with them until they find a replacement
4)Teach the replacement your parts
5)Bid farewell
blame it on a drug porblem if u really want an easy way out

or just mna up and tell the truth, ull friend should be mad for about 2 weeks. if hes still made after that he wasn't worth it anyway
Just hand in the towelk.

What kind of genre is it anyway? I did the same thing when my band started playing metal.
Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
what is 'having your carrot skinned'? surely it must be painful, having your penis flayed?

'I love you so much it makes me sick'

Wanna listen to some chilled out, slightly depressing acoustic music?? --------> www.myspace.com/theriftplasticband
Quote by kroberts8
List of Steps:
1)Tell them you don't want to be in the band.
2)Help them find a replacement for you
3)Stay in the band temporarily and rehearse with them until they find a replacement
4)Teach the replacement your parts
5)Bid farewell

this guy's got a pretty good plan. make sure you dont "abandon" them. help them find a new guitarist.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Gather them round and tell them how you feel. They should understand.

Hopefully.
Quote by Foolish_boy
Just hand in the towelk.

What kind of genre is it anyway? I did the same thing when my band started playing metal.

The myspace says it as emo/hardcore/screamo...

Yah.
Quote by Untitled001
The myspace says it as emo/hardcore/screamo...

Yah.

Oh ic.......I don't blame you

RUN!!!

NO QUESTIONS ASKED JUST RUN!!
Quote by Steve The Plank
Hey, you're from Suffolk?

Me too

Anyway, I haven't read the whole thread, but I say just tell them you want to play different music, and they should replace you with someone more enthusiastic for their genres.

What town you from?