I was wondering if the Mark IV can do metal tones such as: Dark Lunacy, At the Gates, Dark Tranquility, Dismember, Dissection, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, In Flames, etc.? If so that would be the amp I will get
That's quite a few different genres, but with the raving reviews this amp gets from people on this forum, I'm sure it can handle most anything you throw at it (and with pizazz). This includes all aforementioned bands.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
I'm sure most if not all bands you mentioned used 5150's at some point...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I'm sure most if not all bands you mentioned used 5150's at some point...

But didn't we all? (bland and generalized stereotype)
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
80's trash metal?

EDIT: yeah, I know you said bland stereotype...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
So from what Im hearing they all used 5150's? Well if so, how would you compare them to a ENGL Powerball or a Fireball? Im still thinking about getting the Mark IV though.
Ah mark IV is great. It has a pretty middy sound. I personally like it over the 5150; the 5150 is sorta a one trick pony imo and its ok for the price but not fantastic. The mark IV also has a kick ass clean channel, something many metal amps lack.
In my opinion, the 5150 is great, especially for the price, but the ENGL Fireball is better as it has more clarity and a much better clean channel. The powerball is better than the 2 of them as it can do more and sounds alot "tighter" with a lot more defined bottom end.
I've never played a Mark IV but from what Ive heard, they are like the most versatile amp ever and can do practically anything. And do it well.
Quote by littlemurph7976
In my opinion, the 5150 is great, especially for the price, but the ENGL Fireball is better as it has more clarity and a much better clean channel. The powerball is better than the 2 of them as it can do more and sounds alot "tighter" with a lot more defined bottom end.
I've never played a Mark IV but from what Ive heard, they are like the most versatile amp ever and can do practically anything. And do it well.

I dont know about EVER, but its pretty damn versatile. I'll be getting one after an Orange 50 watt combo and another guitar
Quote by swordsman14
I was wondering if the Mark IV can do metal tones such as: Dark Lunacy, At the Gates, Dark Tranquility, Dismember, Dissection, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, In Flames, etc.? If so that would be the amp I will get

do you actually play anything with any melody, cause i could recommend a steel factory, a coal mine or just general deafness to you instead
Quote by davedoom
do you actually play anything with any melody, cause i could recommend a steel factory, a coal mine or just general deafness to you instead

Most of those bands fall under MELODIC death metal, sir.