check harmony central, some mixed reviews. some say it beats a tubescreamer some say its pretty mediocre. any opinions. i can get it for about £30.

i want an overdrive for classic - hard rock. maybe some blues in there too
Oh alright, I haven't tried it out personally, but I know that for around the same price you can get a Digitech Bad Monkey. I have one and I've gotta say I love it, gets that classic rock tone perfectly, the hard rock tone is pretty good too.

Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by add45
Oh alright, I haven't tried it out personally, but I know that for around the same price you can get a Digitech Bad Monkey. I have one and I've gotta say I love it, gets that classic rock tone perfectly, the hard rock tone is pretty good too.

+1. Bad Monkey's seem to be amazing for that price. I might get one myself soon (if I need one).
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
i've tried it, and thought it was pretty good. but if this is better then it's a steal, but i need to know. i don;t think they are in production anymore but the retail seems to have been around $120 (so we'll say £60) generally the bigger the price the better (signature things aside) but this isn't always the case and even though i know korg makes some good shiz, i have never tried a korg guitar pedal of any kind.

basically i'd like someone who has tried it to comment, but there may not be any on UG. if a good few of the harmony central reviews hold true it seems like a god sent gift lol. i'll check youtube too.

keep 'em coming. thanks

additional info: 105d is the model number it would seem. the pedal is called Korg Toneworks Classic Overdrive
Last edited by Storm_Bringer_ at Sep 3, 2007,
apologies for double post but! i managed to knock the price down to £20 with a free ac adapter! i'm definitely getting it, and if it sucks.. well. i'll re sell it and get myself the digitech bad monkey. i'll let you guys know how it is!
Get it man, even if you don't like it much, it's discontinued so resale price could be higher if you get the right buyer!
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
yeah it's looking good. some pretty funky stuff on it. it's almost an overdrive + distortion pedal, allows you to save presets should you accidentally turn the knobs but you can also keep it on a proper analogue setting. bunch of other features. the only bad thing said about it is that it's excessively noisy with batteries but apparently is completly eliminated with an adapter.

all i can say is that i'm anxious

problem is i don't get my new amp til christmas. but i'm ordering a HB GA5 to keep me settled until then
Last edited by Storm_Bringer_ at Sep 3, 2007,