Ok I mainly play modern metal and metalcore and need a new amp for around £200 or under. Also, if possible, I would like it to be usable for small gigs.
I've been looking at the Roland Cube 60 and the Vox AD50-VT
Buying from ebay second hand is a no-no as my parents refuse to let me use ebay (don't ask)
I was wondering which of these amps would be best or if there are any alternatives.
Thanks in advance!
I've never played the Vox but I own the Cube and it's very good indeed. Very versatile.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Vox is good for stuff OTHER than metal- however they just bought out the new Vox XL line which are aimed more towards metal, and they look good.
Other than that the cube 60 is your best bet- very good amp especially for metal.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Vox is good for stuff OTHER than metal- however they just bought out the new Vox XL line which are aimed more towards metal, and they look good.
Other than that the cube 60 is your best bet- very good amp especially for metal.

So would the cube be better than the AD-30VT-XL?
Would the vox being a hybrid make it any louder than a 30 watt SS to make up for the volume loss from a 50watt vox to a 30watt?
Quote by Yngwi3

agreed. however someone in the who to listen to/spam thread (was it tom?) said the xl was crap. I haven't tried it myself, but based on that warning i certainly wouldn't buy one unless i could try it myself to see if i liked it.

Cube would be good, it's geared for metal. it smokes the "normal" valvetronix for metal, if you ask me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?