Page 1 of 3
I had a conversation about this with my friend the other day. We start off talking about Metallica and how they've sucked for however many years. Getting to the point, I couldn't think of any band that was still good after being together for more than 15 years. Then I got the bright idea that this might be an interesting discussion. So go nuts.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
slayer's still pretty damn good. and although there were some ****ty periods, i think recent megadeth still ****in sweet.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
the who

red hot chili peppers

rolling stones
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
chili's??
im not really a big fan so i dont know if it's 15 years, but they've been around for a while and still make pretty good music
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Sabbath, Guardian, Maiden, Priest, Megadeth, Rush, Savatage, Dream Theater... the list keeps going on and on.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Alright, METAL bands. Seeing as this is the metal forum.

And not ****ing poison, they were never good. Therefore disqualifying them.

Vaginal Destruction

yeah metallica was probably best in the 80's, a little in the 90's with sandman, but their 80's stuff beats their new stuff anyday.
Joe Satriani, Van Halen, GNR is still touring... but I don't think they're good at all.

I don't know if a lot of the bands I know of are even still touring...
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by AcidBath443
Alright, METAL bands. Seeing as this is the metal forum.

And not ****ing poison, they were never good. Therefore disqualifying them.

poison was ok, but they don't belong in this thread. poison was never metal, and this is a metal thread. they're ok, if you like 80's stuff, but again, this is a metal thread.
Exodus, Deicide, Megadeth, Cannibal Corpse(I guess), Iron Maiden, and Opeth. That's all I can think of right now though.
Quote by E V H 5150
Joe Satriani, Van Halen, GNR is still touring... but I don't think they're good at all.

I don't know if a lot of the bands I know of are even still touring...

oh my goodness. i think GNR is done to death. WAY OVERRATED! i mean, GNR is ok, once in a while. but everywhere you go, you see slash this, gnr that. i mean come on. once in a while it's ok. but it seems that UG needs to find an excuse every week to stick slash in the news, or gnr reunion rumors, just for the heck of it.
Iron Maiden, NOFX, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Green Day, RHCP, The Who, Dream Theater, Stereophonics, Billy Bragg, Reel Big Fish, Motorhead... The list goes on and on. (Although some of these are debatable and I didn't check whether they'd all been going 15+ years so I might have got that wrong.)

EDIT: (I just noticed it was a metal thread. Sorry.)
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by *yournamehere*
Amon Amarth and Necrophagist.

I'm pretty sure Necrophagist hasn't even been around for 10 years.

Vaginal Destruction

Quote by AcidBath443
I'm pretty sure Necrophagist hasn't even been around for 10 years.

I think their first demo (Requiems of Festered Gore, best name ever) was '92 or something.

EDIT: Beaten to it.
Amorphis has just recently made 2 of probably their best albums after 15 years and 8 recordings. Opeth, Slayer (with their latest album) and In Flames have stood the test of time pretty well I think.
Last edited by Ozzy87_2 at Oct 6, 2007,
Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are still playing like they just started. (Although, Judas Priest required a kick up the arse from Roy Z and Maiden was helped with the changing around of singers/guitarists).
CATHEDRAL. Not only are they still good after 17/18 years or so, their last album was quite possibly the best thing they've ever done.
The new W.A.S.P album is the best they've done since The Crimson Idol.
And regardless of what the haters may say, A Matter of Life and Death is one of Iron Maidens top 3 records.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Sep 3, 2007,
Nevermore.
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.
fuckin people, this is the damn metal forum. i hate it when some of these threads get put on the front page.

Cannibal Corpse blew in the beggining with Barnes the suckfest, but now after over 15 years they are good.

hahaha maybe that is one for the "Bands that are FINALLY good after 15+years"
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Death, they've been around for way longer. I don't know if they still count though cause... well, ya know. Still awesome music every time I listen to it.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Entombed

King Diamond

Morbid Angel

Immolation
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Damn it, how can I forget ****ing King Diamond.
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.
maiden for sure
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
I hope after 15 years people will learn to ***************************** read. This is the metal forum get Guns N Roses, REM and all that other crap out of here!

Maiden - Still kickass
Metallica - maybe not in the studio, but no one can touch them when it comes to putting on a live show
Opeth - always will be great
Amon Amarth - Oden On Our side - best album they have released
Deicide - their last album was one of their best
Machine Head - uh, The Blackening
Dream Theater - still rule
Porcupine Tree - oh wait! This is the metal forum! Scratch that!

Learn from my example, dicks.
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
^Somebody but a tampon the wrong hole

Christ, just because it's the great and mighty metal forum doesn't mean we can't talk about anything else. Plus, the title suggests any band really. I've never seen anyone overreact before. You're such a **** dude. Wow.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
^Somebody but a tampon the wrong hole

Christ, just because it's the great and mighty metal forum doesn't mean we can't talk about anything else. Plus, the title suggests any band really. I've never seen anyone overreact before. You're such a **** dude. Wow.

As are you. dude.
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Death, they've been around for way longer. I don't know if they still count though cause... well, ya know. Still awesome music every time I listen to it.

+1, I totally agree with that. Death never get's old.

Anyways, Pantera was really great for a majority of their career. Until the whole thing with Phil happened. Even though Pantera or death aren't touring anymore, they still kick major ass to this day. Didn't change much either. Besides the Power Metal to Thrash/Heavy/Groove metal by Pantera. R.I.P. Chuck and Dime
I think Ozzy is still pretty good. I'm not sure if he is considered metal here or not though.
Has Meshuggah been around for that long....I believe so. I choose them and Opeth!
I'm sure there's more I can't think of but:

Amon Amarth
Rotting Christ
Necrophagist
Dark Tranquillity
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Page 1 of 3