I have a Roland Cube 15x. My friend wants to trade me his metal zone in exchange for some video games.

Question is... will the distortion pedal be much better than my cube? I see lots of mixed feelings on the pedal. But I want a distortion pedal. I play a lot of metallica, though nothing heavier than that. Outside of that its more hard rock, white stripes, nirvana, quite a bit of black sabbath and acdc, etc.

Or, any good distortion pedals out there in general not too expensive? Or should I stick to my cube's distortion for now, pass on the metal zone, and get a different pedal in a couple of weeks?
dude metal zones kill tone. its like eating lettuce with cake. it just ruines it
but you could get it then sell it later, if its worth more
Quote by s.r.v.
dude metal zones kill tone. its like eating lettuce with cake. it just ruines it

You should just save up for a better amp, as the Cube is a modeler, and pedals usually sound like ass through modelers.
Quote by which ones pink

You should just save up for a better amp, as the Cube is a modeler, and pedals usually sound like ass through modelers.

The Cube 15x doesn't have amp models.

Getting pedals for practice amps is kind of silly and unnecessary.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.