Are there any good books, websites or other media that I could read or what not, to help improve my songwriting/composition skills.

I'd say I am currently at an intermediate level, so nothing for noobs =P

Thanks =]
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Lyrics wise or music wise? If it's the first, nothing but practice. If it's the second I'd recommend getting a book on harmonization or something similar. I don't know how you have classed yourself as intermidate though.
Music wise should go in the Musicians Talk forum!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
well, since this was the songwriting forum, I thought here... wouldent musicians talk be for theory =s

&& I ment musicwise =o
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Quote by FNAFJ
well, since this was the songwriting forum, I thought here... wouldent musicians talk be for theory =s

&& I ment musicwise =o

Lyrically
read some articles on songwriting and just start writing. Experiment with the structure etc etc.

Musically
read some lessons on improvisation . And try to play the riffs , solos , fills whatever that u hear inside ur head for a particular song
Hi
i habnt moved 2 rap!! im 13 n only chavs n wanabes listen 2 rap - the decent ppl listen 2 punk rock n metal!!!
Quote by Metal_Rich
Music wise should go in the Musicians Talk forum!

I listen 2 rock n im 13
rap is rubbish
only chavs n wanabes listen 2 rap
decent ppl listen 2 rock metal n punk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by scootw5
i habnt moved 2 rap!! im 13 n only chavs n wanabes listen 2 rap - the decent ppl listen 2 punk rock n metal!!!

Dude, out with the spam. That had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Go read the UG Forums rules and then read the S+L ones.

*reported*