Ill start off by saying my parents are divorced, I am currently living with my mom, and she isn't too secure on finances. I have two brothers, one is living in Rome, and the other is living in an apartment a few hours from here. My mom is pretty much addicted to spending money. She is always at stores buying stupid **** that we don't need. For example, my brother moved into an apartment a few weeks ago, and since like May she has just been buying buying buying for him. He has 3 other roommates and my mom practically bought the whole house. The only thing that his roommates brought were like 2 or 3 peices of furniture. She insists on her buying everything for some reason even after the roommates begged her not to buy anymore. Last night, she bought him like 5 clocks for so apparent reason. One of them was for my brother and I have no clue what the other 4 are for.

Also, she is obsessed with going out to eat and shopping afterwards. Another example, I ate lunch around 3pm today and then one hour later she wants me to go out to eat with her! And then If I refuse she just starts bitching at me how she needs someone to go with. When I tell her that she doesn't need to go out to eat, she just says stuff like " I want their ice tea" or "I feel like their barbeque tonight". And if i go with her (which I don't ever want to because she is spending more money than she needs to) she'll drag me along to go shopping with her afterwards even if I have lots of homework and studying to do.

Yet another problem. She is overweight, and she wants me to help her lose weight. Yesterday (after she dragged me along shopping again) we went to target to buy something that we didn't need and she goes straight to the candy isle. I stepped in front of her and said "NO!" and I wouldn't let her take any. When I wake up, I find that she bought doughnuts, candy, and cookies. p

Can anyone give me any advice or tell me that this has happened to them? I need her to STOP spending so much money, going shopping for useless crap, and above all STOP going out to eat and getting goodies.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

you should sit her down and talk to her about it

or that *below*
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
Last edited by triple_X_maniac at Sep 3, 2007,
Quote by triple_X_maniac
you should sit her down and talk to her about it

it doesn't work. She'll just say "ok, this is the last time"

..there never is a last time
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

read my sig
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
can you get some of your family to talk to her like her mom or somthing
Quote by bassboy 999

Quote by snipelfritz

Its a sad, sad day.
Quote by triple_X_maniac
can you get some of your family to talk to her like her mom or somthing

well actually my uncle snipped all of her credit cards so she couldn't spend any more but she starting hiding her credit cards so no one knows where they are.

EDIT: she just doesn't listen I need to find a way to do this without just talking to her
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

therapy
Quote by bassboy 999

Quote by snipelfritz

Its a sad, sad day.
contact a psychiatrist. she has an addiction, and needs help.

also, try planting information about animal cruelty and gross agricultural practices. maybe you can disgust her into eating less and healthier.