Hey,
I recently picked up a used peavey classic 50, and i've heard that these amps can be modded a bit. I saw this one pdf file showing how to do a "bassman" mod on it. Here it is here: Bassman Mod Anyways... I have a cousin who is a professional electrician who went to school for it, been in the business for a few years, etc. Do you think he'd have sufficient knowelge/skill to do that mod? Also, how much would it cost to do this mod (my cousin is doing it for free, but how much for the parts?)

Thanks in advance!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i would hope he could follow that if he's knowledgable about electronics. make sure he knows the risks of working on tube amps
Wow, quick responce.
Anyways... he really don't know anything about amps, but since he does all other kinds of electrical work (housing, circuit breakers, stuff like that), do you think he could do amp work easily?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah, working with tube amps is no more dangerous than working with other mains voltages.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by s.r.v.
hold on ill read what the mods are. i just glanced at it earler

All right, thanks.
I'll be off the computer for about half an hour, so i'll check it out later.
Any ideas on the price?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
well it defintley will be smaller work that he is used to. those circuit boards are tiny compared to what it sounds like he does. but, its just swapping/taking out parts, which shouldnt be hard. id show it to him, if he doesnt like the looks of it i guarentee you can find someone willing to do it (probably not for free) ie kerry from www.affectronix.tk , he post on here under call1800ksmyazz or something. anyway, if he says he will try, tell him not to do them all at once. do them bit by bit, mod then test, mod then test, until your done and it works. also, he might need a smaller soldering iron (pencil tip will be best for this). some, i guess just ask him. hope that was of some help

EDIT: price is really cheap. probably no more than 50 at the very most. if all your doing is resistors and caps, then under 30 maybe. tubes and stuff will cost more
EDIT 2: that is, if your cousin will do it for free minus parts cost!