Page 1 of 3
Am I the only one that plays bass and does lead vocals?!
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
no Mike from MxPx does lead vocals and plays bass so does the dude from Anti FLag And Fat mike from NOFX
NOFX, Against All Authority, sometimes Goo Goo Dolls, All-American Rejects.

I know there's more.
the singer of The Police plays bass.
Win Butler of Arcade Fire sometimes plays bass.
the singer from Tokyo Police Club is the bassisst.
GEDDY LEE, roger waters, Fat mike, STING need i say more
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Skillet, i cant remember the guy's name though.
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
Quote by Lord-Hypnos
Mastodon's Main vocalist is the bassist

they trade off prety consistently, a lot of punk bands and metal bands do it. Its not too mainstream though.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Mark Hoppus, particularly in Plus 44 (moreso and better).
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Quote by KoolAidMan888
no Mike from MxPx does lead vocals and plays bass so does the dude from Anti FLag And Fat mike from NOFX

Chris #2 is only the backing vocalist. Justin Sane is the lead vocals, and he plays rhythm guitar
Paul McCartney
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
Thefitz.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I do, but it's kind of a "shared" lead. We have a screamer, and I scream as well. So we split vocal duties. I also sing for parts that require it, because he doesn't sing.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
hell even i do some singing, i sing songs like "(i wanna wear your face like a) kinky Sex mask" and "war" plus i do backing vocals
I shot JR

Jack Bruce not only sang lead on most of the Cream songs, but also played "harp".

I can sing and I can play bass, and one day aspire to play bass AND sing at the same time.
Quote by anarkee
Jack Bruce not only sang lead on most of the Cream songs, but also played "harp".

I can sing and I can play bass, and one day aspire to play bass AND sing at the same time.

For years and years, I could never do both at the same time. Then, this summer, I recorded 9 songs; the ones we wanted to play live. Then, I listened to them over and over, analyzing them.

One day, I was getting bummed out that I couldn't sing and play and that was holding us back and we were going nowhere. I just randomly decided to pickup up my bass and try some of the songs. I then realized I can sing and play all of them without any problems whatsoever. Well, I sound like I did when I recorded the tracks separately... is that a good thing?

The moral of the story? If you want to learn to play and sing, record yourself doing so first. Listen to your recordings every night. Then, it'll happen.

PS. Make sure you're not one of these youtube noobs that HAS to stare at the neck of their fingerboard while they play. Anarkee with a fretless? BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! You can play fretless without looking at that fingerboard while singing. Trust me.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
im surprised no one mentioned sid vicious.

well he sorta plays the bass anyways.
^No one mentioned Sid Vicious because he didn't play bass. Period. Also, I'm not sure that he even played bass in his solo stuff.
Quote by Bumper
^No one mentioned Sid Vicious because he didn't play bass. Period. Also, I'm not sure that he even played bass in his solo stuff.

your blunt but you have a point
I shot JR

Quote by watchingmefall
It's not that rare, but a good drummer/singer is really hard to come by.

Eagles, Eagles of Death Metal, my band and a load of bands I know do, but non are lead.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by SocKo?
im surprised no one mentioned sid vicious.

well he sorta plays the bass anyways.

He never did both at the same time.
I don't, but plenty of bassists are capable of doing it. (Geddy Lee, Lemmy, Sting, etc...)
The.
Page 1 of 3