so now im thinking of putting these in my prs se custom, I hear that they are great for super warm, tone rich cleans.

Has anyone had a different experience with these pickups? and does anyone have a better suggestion maybe?

oh and its important they have covers on em(shallow maybe, but you gotta admit looks are important)
Maybe u could try DiMarzio Tone Zone pickups or Gibsons ('59 Classics for what u want). But PRS pickups seem to be just amazing. Those guitars sound as good as they look.
Anything that PRS pumps out is generally amazing.
If you can afford them... goferit.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I don't know a whole ton about them, but I've heard that PRS' pickups tend to be kind of bland. Not bad, just nothing special. I'd wait until someone more knowledgeable than myself comes in though.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
the prs pups on the lower end models are sucky, but the dragons are awesome, but with that kinda money you could have a look at bareknuckle pick ups
I utterly love my PRS's tone from the dragons. The only way i can describe the tone is half strat half les paul, although I dont know if they will sound anything like they do in another guitar.

The bridge has easily enough gain for Satch/vai stuff while the neck pickup has a great Les pauly esque vibe to it.

The middle psotion is the prs tone we all know and love while the single coil positions really shine with a nice tube crunch.

However, as much as I love them they do really belong in PRS guitars and I doubt id actually buy a set for another guitar. Only because they are rather pricey new and for the money you can pretty much buy any pickups you want from practically any manufacturer. If you can snag a set on ebay for cheap then go for it by all means.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso