Page 1 of 2
Well, A good band finally came to alaska. I am going to see megadeth tomorrow and I am very excited, but I have some questions.

1) What should I bring? Earplugs? I am very concious of my hearing, as I fear my right ear is starting to lose its touch.

2) How much extra cash should I carry? I might want to get a shirt or something.

3) Any advice?

Also, I am not going to mosh because I find moshing to be the most retarded thing ever.

I am soo pumped!
Bring earplugs just in case.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
I wouldn't wear earplugs unless I was right by the speakers.

Bring your own water and hide it in a bag, but you can bring some cash to, because the water and food there is most likely going to be really high.

Have fun. ololz
just enjoy it. i seen them when they played in dublin in july. they kicked ass. just be ready for holy wars
GEAR
PRS Custom 24
Tanglewood ROCK III
Epiphone LP Custom
Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez GRG07LTD2
Marhsall AVT100
Originally posted by fender1618
i would rather have a guitar in place of my organs, OR CANDY
Quote by gunther_sucks

Also, I am not going to mosh because I find moshing to be the most retarded thing ever.

I am soo pumped!

DIE BLASPHEMER!!

Bring lots of cash, t-shirts tend to cost in the high 40s with big name bands.
1. no earplugs. i never have and probably never will
2. $50 should be enough
3. if you dont want to mosh, then stay away from the pit and just be nice to everyone or someones going to kill you for being a dick
Quote by gunther_sucks
Well, A good band finally came to alaska. I am going to see megadeth tomorrow and I am very excited, but I have some questions.

1) What should I bring? Earplugs? I am very concious of my hearing, as I fear my right ear is starting to lose its touch.

2) How much extra cash should I carry? I might want to get a shirt or something.

3) Any advice?

I am soo pumped!

Bring earplugs, i saw them and I didn't really need them but it might be different for you so bring some just in case. The shirts were 40 or 50 canadian so thats 38 or 48 american so just bring like 60 dollars with you.
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
who would wear earplugs to a gig?

Megadeth are amazing live though, enjoy it
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
depending on the venue shirts could cost anywhere between 20-50 dollars, hoodies are between 50-80 dollars, and random other crap is 5-30 dollars
so i hope that helps?
earplugs are never a bad idea
but not a neccesity
and advice?
go early and, since you dont want to mosh, dont stand right in the middle seeing as thats where the pits start. stand off to the side slightly. wear stiff shoes just in case and dont bring anything you dont need. bring phone, wallet and money i guess is all you really need.
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
t-shirts were $35 during the heaven & hell tour i think

(my opinion) I didn't find megadeth to be very good at the show i saw them. For me all their music seems to blend together.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by gunther_sucks
I am not going to mosh because I find moshing to be the most retarded thing ever.

I think youre the most retarded person ever
Quote by gunther_sucks

3) Any advice?

I am soo pumped!

Badass! I live in Wasilla, so I'm goin to that show too. Unless you have terrible hearing already, I wouldn't worry about earplugs. Having been to many, many local shows, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, and Ozzfest, and never wearing earplugs, I don't think they'll be necessary. And shirts at shows are always expensive. Any food or drinks will cost a lot too. So bring probly 25 or 30 for a shirt and more for food/drinks if you want to. Should be a sick show.
bring earplugs if youre concious of your hearing. as far as money, bring between $50 and $75. concert stuff is expensive. a shirt will probably be a minimum of $30. try and bring a cheap camera to record the show. but make sure its cheap, so if it gets confiscated it wont be a big deal. if you wanna buy any food, its like $10 for a pretzel. the food prices are ridiculous. just keep that in mind.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Quote by Lord-Hypnos
who would wear earplugs to a gig?

Megadeth are amazing live though, enjoy it

People who have been to / played too many shows. People who are in concealed jam rooms 4 times a week. People who arent morons and wish to appreciate music for the rest of their life.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
I saw Megadeth at the Heaven and Hell tour, and I needed earplugs. There was some high pitched feedback sound when they started playing. But I've never needed to wear earplugs for any other band. Bring them just in case, you never know.
If its inside, dont wear to much clothing just a t-shirt n jeans maybe. Itll get hot with all the headbanging and whatnot. 50 bucks will do, just bring ear plugs incase but i doubt you'll need them, they'd just muffle the sound to much IMO. If you are up close dont do anything stupid to piss of Dave
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by teegman
Go see a good band perhaps, rather than a bunch of dinosaurs trying to make a few $ out of an act that made them popular some 25 odd years ago...

Alright, find me a good band that come to alaska.

Having trouble?
Quote by gunther_sucks

3) Any advice?

I am soo pumped!

You sound like you will be a homosexual when you are older so you shouldnt go--go see Barbara Streisand or something.

Megadeth was my first concert back when they were good and i crowdsurfed and stage dived. Those were the days.
Last edited by TroyMaclure at Sep 3, 2007,
Bring your money for a shirt, but hide it from yourself so you dont spend it on beer.
Quote by justinc101011
I think youre the most retarded person ever

Its only an opinion...
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Quote by teegman
Go see a good band perhaps, rather than a bunch of dinosaurs trying to make a few $ out of an act that made them popular some 25 odd years ago...

I'm sorry but Frank Sinatra is dead.

T/S Earplugs a good idea depending on where your seats are. I wish I had years ago. Oh well. And yes merch at a concert is pricey. Shirt $30-$50 bucks.
Have fun.
Oh and if the venue sells beer and your of age make sure you have ID and figure on $8.00/beer.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by teegman
Alaska shouldn't be so bad.. right next door to Canada, the IDM capital of the world, what more could you ask for?

I was about ready to take a week off of school and roadtrip to quebec to see G3, but After gas and whatnot it would be like 250 per person if we split it 4 ways.
Quote by teegman
Alaska shouldn't be so bad.. right next door to Canada, the IDM capital of the world, what more could you ask for?

I've always imagined an IDM gig as a bunch of students with goatees and glasses too small for their faces sitting on art deco chairs, hand on chin, thinking deeply and sometimes muttering to themselves "Hm yes, wonderful polyrhythm there."

Dont know why
Quote by DanRev
I've always imagined an IDM gig as a bunch of students with goatees and glasses too small for their faces sitting on art deco chairs, hand on chin, thinking deeply and sometimes muttering to themselves "Hm yes, wonderful polyrhythm there."

Dont know why

Probably the fact it has the word Intelligent right there in the name.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
punk shows are more fun. and ska shows are wayyyy better.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
hehe, ear plugs. I used to sleep on the speakers when I went to work with my dad (he worked at the Fillmore and the Warfield). don't bring earplugs. if you're not going into the pit, you won't get close enough to the speakers to get any ear damage. maybe take fifty bucks for a shirt and food.
The reason I am wondering about earplugs is becaus emy uncle once got shafted into standing directly infront of a speaker, and he has suffered some intense hearing damage.
Quote by gunther_sucks
The reason I am wondering about earplugs is becaus emy uncle once got shafted into standing directly infront of a speaker, and he has suffered some intense hearing damage.

If you bring an umbrella, you can also use it as a sheild against the sound waves.
I wouldn't worry about that happening. just keep your distance from the speakers. if you accidentally get sucked into the crowd, force your way out.
Quote by vlp_dope
punk shows are more fun. and ska shows are wayyyy better.

Any live music>recorded.
T/S take a set of earplugs. Won't kill you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Sendrith
t-shirts were $35 during the heaven & hell tour i think

(my opinion) I didn't find megadeth to be very good at the show i saw them. For me all their music seems to blend together.

What massive man rape and drugs can do to your taste of music
Everyone here who is bashing ear plugs obviously has not been around enough sound to actually do damage to their ears. Im only 18 but ive been around intense levels of noise since i was 13. I only started wearing earplugs last year but since i have i've noticed my hearing has stayed the same where as before every few months my hearing would get noticeably worse. Sure you might not need ear plugs if you only go see a show every 6 months or so. But Im sure lots of people on here who are in bands know what im talking about. Ive been in 2 serious bands wich involved usually 3 - 4 days a week of practice for hours on end. Before i started wearing ear plugs every day i would come out of the jam room a bit deafer. And wearing ear plugs doesnt decrease sound quality, if anything it makes it easier to tell whats actually going on in the music. Your all going to be deaf by the time your 40 and wonder why. Such Moronic coments "ahaha your going to be gay because you want to wear earplugs" Well at least he wont be deaf. Look around the crowd the next time your at a show and i guarantee out of all the regulars you see at all the shows you go to half of them will be wearing plugs.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Page 1 of 2