so i am getting an Ibanez xiphos and i want to know your thoughts on this i just want owners to tell me ok. And should i get emgs or leave those awsome dimarzios in it.
I didnt like the shape of the guitar but one thing i did was the pick ups those Dimarzio D-Activators are really nice i wouldnt change them for EMGs
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
The guitar is great nice fast neck, good pick ups, nice body material, good hardware. It really is a very good guitar i just personally didnt like the shape. If you like the shape then by all means go for it im sure you wont be disappointed
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
i already played it and just want some feed back on what you think before i drop $650
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeee iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii sssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddd helpful feed back like what did you think of the balance or do you think it is constructed of quality what did you not like beside shape.
The trem will crap out pretty fast but can be swapped for an OFR. Do that before anything else. (And the dimarzios in it are apparently pretty nice.)
Quote by garden of grey
The trem will crap out pretty fast but can be swapped for an OFR. Do that before anything else. (And the dimarzios in it are apparently pretty nice.)

+1

and if those pickups are good enough for Muhammed Suicmez, they should be good enough for anybody into metal. with the right amp, ofcourse.
Quote by SomeDude49

and if those pickups are good enough for Muhammed Suicmez, they should be good enough for anybody into metal. with the right amp, ofcourse.

He actually uses an LACS Xiphos with EMG 81/85's. However, the dimarzios in this guitar are still quite nice.
Quote by garden of grey

WHOA WHOA WHOA... slow down there GoG. an ofr will NOT FIT EXACTLY.
the edge II's (or III, i presume) base plate is centered on the pivot posts. the ofr is OFF CENTER. go look as some pictures. i've posted about this very thing more than once. it is MUCH easier to replace an edge II (III) with and edge, or edge pro.

i have been through this exact situation. but an ofr definitely will not fit exactly. since the ofr's baseplate is off center on the pivot posts, there will be a big gap in the cavity route on the bass-E string side of the tremolo. the string locking screws will also extend beyond the recess cavity route with either the edge (pro) or the ofr. but you can file down the screws. that part isn't hard.

maybe the moderator can find my posts about this, since it seems like its a frequent question
Last edited by sethp at Sep 3, 2007,
an original edge or edge pro is better than an OFR anyways.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
i wouldn't pay £550 (or whatever it costs; maybe it's cheaper in the US, though) for something with an edge III, that's for sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ $650, not too bad. the money being used for EMG's can be put towards an edge pro and you'll have yourself a mighty fine instrument
i dunno, i mean an rg1570 is $700, i think...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
$750. but i mean if he wants the alternative shape it's not a bad guitar with the work. but i agree if he would be happy with a superstrat shape then the rg1570 or an s470 would be a better choice. and you'd still have the money for the emgs
isn't it made in korea too (or maybe even indonesia)? i realise it's neck-thru which means more cost, but that's a lot of money for a non-USA/non-japanese/non-european guitar, if you ask me. the sub-par trem is just the final nail in its coffin...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just a pity there isn't a better version. out of all the "metal" shaped guitars this is one of the very few i like. the chameleon finish is really nice
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
For all those who are interested in the pickups here's a vid with them in a Les Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFY6OgKIdTo
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
just a pity there isn't a better version. out of all the "metal" shaped guitars this is one of the very few i like. the chameleon finish is really nice

yeah. i'm actually not too fussed on the shape, to be honest (king v or kelly is about as pointy as i get), but yeah. if you ask me, they've spent the money on the wrong things- at that price range, I'd take a MIJ bolt-on guitar with useless pickups but a nice trem over MIK/MII with decent pickups and neck-thru construction.

obviously YMMV etc. But that's what i think, at any rate.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
isn't it made in korea too (or maybe even indonesia)? i realise it's neck-thru which means more cost, but that's a lot of money for a non-USA/non-japanese/non-european guitar, if you ask me. the sub-par trem is just the final nail in its coffin...

The chameleon paint drives up the cost a lot, too, I think.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
good call, i'd forgotten about that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?