I have a guitar that was made for blues which I use to play Death metal, but hey it was given to me for free but its time for a new guitar, I just went from lame amp to a Roland Cube 60 for now....

I need a new guitar made for Heavy Death Metal (I have a Roland cube 60 if that helps for the questions below)

Should I get Mahogony, Basswood, or Ash, for crunchy low rifts??

Should I get EMG HZ, or EMG 81 & 85, or some other pickup brand??
id say mahogany or basswood for those low chunks. look into ibanez guitars made out of bubinga. id say get emg 81+85 if you really want to take the active road, if not, id say look into some pickups from guitarheads.net, half the price, literally. whats your budget?
Quote by LP Addict
id say mahogany or basswood for those low chunks. look into ibanez guitars made out of bubinga. id say get emg 81+85 if you really want to take the active road, if not, id say look into some pickups from guitarheads.net, half the price, literally. whats your budget?

well theres no reall budget, just trying to get best guitar I can for 500, saw some Ibanez's made of mahagony for $279+$200 in EMG pickups =$489 or so not bad

I hear that EMG 81 and 85 don't sound to good on the Roland Cube 60 I duno wuh to do and that EMG hz are passive and they would work for SS amps so I dunno

everyones always like save up get better amp and guitar, well I don't quite have money for that =P or time to wait