What's a good, free recording program that I can record guitar tracks as mp3s with? Is Audacity good?
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
i use audacity and i love it. i think i like it better than the other free programs out there. the only thing is that you have to download the LAME encoder but thats not that big of a deal.
you dont record as mp3. after youre done recording you need to bounce your song down (encode) to mp3
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
^ +1

Audacity with the other downloads for it makes for a great program for a noob on home recording. It's very easy to use and learn.

Get the extra FX download and the LAME MP3 encoder so you "Export as MP3" at the end of your work.
I didn't think you recorded as mp3, but I wasn't sure. Obviously, I'm a noob at recording. Thanks for the help.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
that being said, have a look over the recording posts here and get ideas on a setup for yourself.

feel free to ask questions here if you are unsure or get stuck on somerhing.

BTW, great .gif
so many memories from that day
Well you pretty much record anything as a WAV, but some programs may or may not encode that on the fly to some sort of proprietary format, for editing. But generally from my experience you're always working with WAV files, which are just plain RAW highest quality audio.