My friend is getting her first electric guitar and she can't be persuaded to anything besides a Les Paul body no matter how many others I have her try out. The thing is she's on a low budget, I'm not exactly sure of the precise number, I'm guessing less than 200 bucks. Do you guys know of any bearable LP copies for a beginner that are dirt cheap?

EDIT: I was browsing around Rondomusic and they have Agiles, which I have heard good things about. They also have Douglases, I haven't heard much about them, are they any good?
Last edited by Rancid_Punk at Sep 3, 2007,
Agile's are incredible. When she gets better, instead of buying a whole new guitar she could just upgrade some basic things like the tuners and pickups. But yeah, Agile'a are definitely worth the money.
Agile is good, look at the SX les paul copy on page two. Looks sweet, but it's heavy.
Agile will definitely be her best bet at that sort of low price. Epiphone also do more 'official' cheap LP's, but their cheap LPs are far worse than Agiles, really they only get good once you start looking at their mid-range and higher (and then you might be looking at $400 or so).
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
Agiles FTW!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
the ibanez arc's and arx's are great lp copies for cheap(more like $250-350)

and stagg has some decent lp copies for cheap, but their quality control licks major balls and they arent as good as the epi special II or the ibanez arc100
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Epi spec II's are ok if you want a flat slab of wood...the Agile AL-2000 has the carved top so its more like a true LP...
My Gear:

Epiphone
Zakk Wylde Custom Bullseye
Silvertone Sunburst Strat Copy
S101 Standard Black Strat Copy
Boss Distortion DS-1 F/S!!!
Arion Metal Master
Line 6 Spider III
15w P.O.S

Soon: Roland Cube 20x